Travel and Accounting Coordinator (532580)
CSUN strives to be a destination workplace, where everyone understands that they belong to a community that is vital in advancing student success and providing exemplary service to all stakeholders. We foster an environment of success, both for our students and our employees. We have a relentless passion for celebrating diversity, equity, and inclusion as well as being an employer of choice. You will also have the opportunity to realize your own personal goals and be recognized for the work you do, and enjoy the unique value the CSUN community can offer. If this sounds like you, you've come to the right place. Learn more: https://www.csun.edu/about-csun.
Under the general supervision of the Director of Finance and Operations, the Travel and Accounting Coordinator reconciles the Athletics travel and mileage for all athletic teams, coaches and staff. The incumbent coordinates recruiting, professional development and travel involving prospective student athletes.
• Responsible for opening and monitoring requests for approval of travel, reviews and ensures travel claims are submitted in a timely manner.
• Notifies athletics travelers of any outstanding travel requests or claims.
• Operates within the scope and intent of NCAA, Conference and University regulations.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
*NOTE: To view the full position description including all of the required qualifications copy and paste this link into your browser: https://mycsun.box.com/s/fg28nyzoooy3alb9vbergbmhfwbi5f2f
• Equivalent to three years of full-time, progressively responsible financial record-keeping experience that has provided the knowledge and abilities listed OR any equivalent combination of college education in a job related field and experience that provides the required knowledge and abilities.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Thorough knowledge of financial record-keeping methods, procedures, and practices; arithmetic; and general office procedures. General knowledge of governmental financial record-keeping methods.
• Ability and specialized skills to: review financial documents for accuracy, completeness, validity, and adherence to standards; compute and post figures rapidly and accurately; maintain files and records; identify, trace, and correct errors.
• Ability to: follow directions; interpret and apply written rules and regulations; operate standard office machines; apply accounting procedures and practices to the analysis of complex accounting problems; analyze and interpret accounting data.
• Ability to: prepare clear and accurate financial statements and reports; work independently; make sound decisions and recommendations regarding activities; and establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
• The university offers an excellent benefits package, including but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, retirement & savings, tuition waiver and more.
• Classification / grade: 1741 / Accounting Tech II / 1
• The anticipated HIRING RANGE: $3512 - $4137 per month, dependent upon qualifications and experience. The salary range for this classification is: $3512 - $5830 per month.
• HOURS: Full Time; 40 hours per week; Monday through Friday.
• REG: This is a Regular position with a one-year probationary period.
• The individual hired for this role will physically work on-campus in Northridge. This is not a telecommute position.
• Applications received through November 21, 2023, will be considered in the initial review and review of applications will continue until position is filled.
• This position is a sensitive position as designated by the CSU.
• A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
• The person holding this position may be considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
• In accordance with the California State University (CSU) Out-of-State Employment Policy, the CSU is a state entity whose business operations reside within the State of California and prohibits hiring employees to perform CSU-related work outside of California.
• Candidates should apply by completing the CSUN on-line application. To submit an application and for more detailed information on the application and hiring process, please visit this link: www.csun.edu/careers
• The CSU recommends that faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities at any university location be immunized against SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, and that all individuals who access any in-person program or activity (on- or off-campus) operated or controlled by the University follow COVID-19 vaccine recommendations adopted by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) applicable to their age, medical condition, and other relevant indications and comply with other safety measures established by each campus.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CSUN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, covered military and veteran status, and disability. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting Recruitment Services at 818-677-2101.
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled