SUPERVISING ACCOUNTANT, AUDITOR CONTROLLER
DEPARTMENT OF AUDITOR-CONTROLLER
SHARED SERVICES DIVISION
November 9, 2023, 8:00 AM (PST) until the needs of the Department are met. Filing may close at any time without prior notice.
Interdepartmental Transfer Opportunity - Restricted to permanent employees of Los Angeles County who have successfully completed their initial probationary period.
THIS IS NOT A CIVIL SERVICE EXAMINATION.
The Department of Auditor-Controller is seeking a well-qualified and highly motivated individual to fill a Supervising Accountant, Auditor-Controller vacancy in the Shared Services Division. The position reports to a Program Specialist III/Principal Accountant or higher.
This vacancy is located in the Department of Auditor-Controller, Shared Services Division at 320 West Temple Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012.
Essential Job Functions
DUTIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO :
- Assists with overseeing the Accounts Payable (AP) Section's daily operations.
- Directs line supervisors and accounting staff to ensure payment transactions for client departments are appropriately prioritized and processed.
- Reviews and approves payment transactions to ensure the proper supporting documentation is maintained and payments are processed in accordance with the County's policies and procedures, and any other applicable regulations.
- Addresses complex and time-sensitive requests and assists in completing unplanned and/or special high-priority assignments from client departments, vendors, and other applicable agencies.
- Conducts and facilitates meetings and trainings with staff over internal controls and best practices in payment processing.
- Directs accounting staff during year-end closing to ensure transactions are processed within the required timeframes.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience supervising and evaluating staff performance, including administering discipline, and resolving conflict in accordance with Civil Service rules and County policies.
- In-depth working knowledge of eCAPS.
- Strong business writing and oral communication skills.
SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS :
Submissions must be filed online only. Submissions by U.S. mail, fax, or in person will not be accepted.
Qualified candidates are invited to SUBMIT:
(1) a cover letter and resume detailing relevant experience,
(2) copies of the last two performance evaluations.
All materials submitted will be evaluated. Only the most qualified individuals will be invited to participate in an interview.
Submit your information online by clicking on the " Apply " tab located at the top of this posting during the filing period. You must upload any supporting documents (i.e. cover letter, performance evaluation, time history report, degrees, transcripts, etc.) during the submission process.
(1) If you are unable to attach required documents , you may fax them to (213) 947-4848 or email them to ACRecruitment@auditor.lacounty.gov . Please include your name, position title, and division/department on all faxed and emailed documents.
(2) Correspondence may be sent via email. Please ensure that the email address you provide on your application is current and correct.
(3) Please update your spam filters to ensure that the email domain @auditor.lacounty.gov is added to your address book and/or list of approved senders to prevent email notifications from being filtered as spam/junk mail.
(a) Please note failure to receive emails due to spam filtering is the responsibility of the applicant.
(4) You can also track the status of your application using this web site.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER: All applications must enter a valid social security number at the time of filing. Entering anything other than a valid social security number (i.e. 000-00-0000, 111-11-1111, etc.) will result in an automatic rejection of your application.
COMPUTER AND INTERNET ACCESS AT PUBLIC LIBRARIES: For candidates who may not have regular access to a computer or the internet, applications can be completed on computers at public libraries throughout Los Angeles County.
NO SHARING OF USER ID AND PASSWORD: All applicants must file their application online using their own user ID and password. Using a family member's or friend's user ID and password may erase a candidate's original application record.
Department Contact Name: Valentina Grigoryan
Department Contact Phone: (213)217-4199
Department Contact Email: ACRecruitment@auditor.lacounty.gov
For detailed information, please click here