Vistage is currently seeking a highly skilled and motivated Staff Accountant to support our international subsidiaries. In this role, you will play a crucial part in our accounting operations, focusing on meticulous transaction processing, account reconciliation, and GL posting. The successful candidate is a detail-oriented individual with a strong grasp of GAAP, a background in public accounting, and a passion for excellence.
Vistage is the world's largest CEO coaching and peer advisory organization for small and midsize business (SMB) leaders. We offer the most effective approach for SMB enterprises to achieve better results and grow faster, as well as for SMB leaders to maximize their impact.
The 45,000+ members we serve are CEOs, owners and executives of SMB organizations located across the US and in 35 counties worldwide. These SMB executives spend a day or more with Vistage every month to immerse themselves in our comprehensive platform for making better decisions, getting better results and becoming better leaders. Our platform features three core elements: valuable perspectives from a trusted group of peers, professional guidance and meeting facilitation from an accomplished business leader (the Chair), and deep insights from subject matter experts.
Vistage was founded more than 65 years ago, and we've grown every year since then by innovating to stay on the cutting edge of business and being relentless in delivering value to our members. Our success is demonstrated by the fact that Vistage member companies grow 2.2 times faster than non-Vistage peer companies. Learn more about us at www.vistage.com.
VISTAGE EMPLOYEE LIFE
Vistage's success is anchored by a unique culture that reinforces employee commitment to the Vistage mission. It is a spirit of collective success and achievement which is also reflected in our workplace. Here's a sample of the employee experience that helps drive our success:
- Welcome to our home. Our US headquarters sits in the heart of San Diego's UTC area. It features an open, modern aesthetic with lots of collaboration spaces, free lattes and nitro cold brew coffee on tap! From our San Diego base, we collaborate with colleagues based across the country and around the world.
- We sweat the details. Our on-site gym is decked out with Peloton bikes, a Mirror workout system and plenty of other equipment to keep your workout challenging and fresh. On-site yoga classes, chair massages and smoothie days also help to keep us focused and healthy!
- We invest in your career. Each employee has an actionable career progression plan developed through individual collaboration with their manager. We focus on promoting from within, and employee progression plans are complemented by all-staff development days held in our state-of-the-art learning center. Employees also have access to tons of individualized development resources and a generous tuition reimbursement program.
- We invest in you. Our employee benefits program is one of the most generous you'll find. Fully-paid healthcare is provided for employees through Anthem Blue Cross, along with access to company-subsidized dental, vision and life insurance coverage available to employees at very low rates. Take care of your financial future with 401(k) matching funds eligibility after your first month as an employee. Use the free individual investment counseling we provide to help you grow the money you've saved. You'll also start with 16 days of paid time off per year to allow you to relax and recharge; employees receive additional annual paid days off based on tenure.
- We keep it fun! Whether you're with us in the Padres luxury suite enjoying our summer baseball outing, unwinding during an employee happy hour or toasting your co-workers at our epic annual holiday party, you'll see that we take having fun as seriously as helping our members succeed! The office vibe is business casual with flexible schedules and the freedom to work from home in bunny slippers if that's your thing! We value mutual respect and laughter . . . we hate stiff formality. You'll have regular access to Vistage executives-our CEO even buys everyone doughnuts to fuel his informal employee chats!
Vistage's culture and sense of mission drive employee loyalty: more than half of our staff has been with the company for five years or longer. Are you ready to start your Vistage journey?
- Prepare month end closing entries for international subsidiaries including currency translation and eliminations
- Calculate month end accruals as necessary
- Reconcile and record Intercompany transactions
- Assist with the preparation of the monthly financial reports
- Prepare month-end reconciliations
- Assist in annual financial statement audits
- Cross-train with members of finance and accounting department
- Participate in accounting special projects related to process implementation, automation and reporting as needed
- B.S. / B.A. in Business Administration - Accounting required
- Public Accounting experience strongly preferred
- A demonstrated solid understanding of GAAP
- Advanced Excel experience preferred
- Experience with Great Plains preferred
- Detail oriented, problem solving, and strong analytical skills
- Must be able to help coordinate change in a continuous improvement environment.
- Excellent Communicator and interpersonal skills
- Self-disciplined, ability to work independently
- Team Player, Independent yet Supportive
TOTAL COMPENSATION RANGE
$70,000 - $80,000 Base Salary + 6.5% Bonus (salary based in San Diego, CA)
Hybrid in San Diego; 2 days onsite, 3 days offsite