What We're Looking For:
NetMotion Software is looking for a Staff Accountant to join our Seattle office team. This team member will report to the Controller. The Staff Accountant role fulfills a reporting and transactional function in the Accounting Department and has a good working knowledge of software revenue recognition.
This position touches multiple aspects of accounting from Financial Statement drafting, variance reporting analysis, Revenue accounting, Monthly Account Reconciliations, as well as other special projects as needed. You will be trusted to compile data and analysis to support management decision making.
The ideal candidate is one who feels empowered to innovate, proactively develops recommended solutions, executes and follows-up, and is customer driven.
- Maintain the general ledger accounts by preparing and monitoring journal entry preparation.
- Prepare monthly accruals and entries and reconciling accounts monthly.
- Assist with the drafting of timely and complete monthly financial statements and associated variance reporting.
- Account for Fixed asset acquisitions and monthly depreciation.
- Project manage and/or prepare federal and state tax compliance reporting.
- Account for and prepare quarterly OEM supplier royalty reporting.
- Assist with sales order management processing,
- Assist in annual financial statements audit.
- Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Complete special projects giving insightful analysis when needed.
- Other duties as required.
- 2 to 5 years of accounting/finance related experience.
- Self-starter, organized, and detail and deadline oriented
- Ability to work hands-on in a fast-paced team environment.
- Experience with Great Plains and Adaptive a plus.
- Experience with Sage FAS Fixed Assets software a plus.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Business Administration, CPA, a plus.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- MS Office experience required including Excel knowledge.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Who We Are:
NetMotion provides security solutions for millions of devices deployed around the world, including 7 of the 10 largest airlines, 85% of US public safety agencies, and a variety of other major organizations ranging from utilities and healthcare to logistics and legal sectors. Customers choose the NetMotion platform for its powerful software-defined perimeter (SDP / ZTNA), experience monitoring and mobile-first enterprise VPN functionality. These solutions stand out for their ability to actively improve the employee experience, validated by a satisfaction rating of 97% and an NPS of 91. NetMotion is headquartered in Seattle, with offices in Victoria, Chicago, London, Tokyo, Sydney and Frankfurt.
Why You'll Love It Here:
- Health and life benefits, along with a competitive 401k plan and a company match
- Flexible vacation, company paid holidays, 10 paid sick days, and paid parental leave
- Commuting and fitness benefits
- Monthly morale events and random treat days!
NetMotion is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; national origin; ancestry; religion; creed; gender; gender identity or expression; sexual orientation; marital status; economic status; the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability; age; veteran status; or the use of a service animal.