THE COUNTY OF EL DORADO
The County of El Dorado is committed to promoting the power of public service by fostering a diverse and collaborative workplace where employees are empowered, respected and valued. The dedicated efforts taken by the Board of Supervisors continues to promote El Dorado County as a competitive employer that is committed to recruiting and retaining qualified employees by advocating for competitive salaries and excellent benefits. The County of El Dorado is also supportive of providing telework opportunities for employees consistent with business needs and in accordance with Board of Supervisors Policy E-12 - Telecommuting.
HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES AGENCY
The El Dorado County Health and Human Services Agency is committed to transforming lives and improving futures for the citizens of El Dorado County. Their programs and services include: Behavioral Health, Public Health, Community and Social Services. Their over 600 employees are dedicated to enhancing and enriching the lives of those in their communities.
The selected candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Provide lead direction, training, work review and evaluation to a small staff.
- Provide input into selection decisions, performance evaluations and disciplinary matters.
- Counsel staff; recommend appropriate discipline and other personnel actions.
- Assist in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, procedures, and work standards within the department.
- Participate in the preparation and administration of the department's budget.
- Prepare and direct the preparation of budget transfers.
- Prepare and direct the preparation of financial statements, fiscal reports, and financial reviews.
- Review accounting and financial documents to ensure accuracy of information and calculations and make correcting entries.
- Examine supporting documentation to establish proper authorization and conformance with agreements, contracts, and state and federal regulations.
- Prepare, maintain, and direct the preparation and maintenance of control and subsidiary accounting records involving a variety of transactions and accounts.
- Prepare and direct the preparation of trail balances; coordinate and calculate periodic closing entries.
- Prepare and direct the preparation of journal entries, and reconciliation's of general ledger, journal, subsidiary accounts, and bank statements.
- Maintain and direct the maintenance of revenue and expenditure budgetary control accounts and records; reviews, analyzes, and recommends adjustments to budget.
- Compile and prepare and direct the compilation and preparation of general and subsidiary ledgers and supporting schedules.
- Confer with departmental representatives and provides information regarding budgeting, financial management, and accounting processes.
- Review and approve and prepare claims for referral of tax monies and for reimbursement from state, federal, or other agencies.
- Analyze programs and legislation to determine fiscal and budgetary impact.
- Provide technical support to outside auditors and governmental program auditors.
Human Resources will assess your application to determine if you are minimally qualified using the following recommendations:
Where college degrees and/or college course credits are required, degrees and college units must be obtained from an accredited college or university. Courses from non-accredited institutions will not be evaluated for this requirement.
Equivalent to graduation from a four-year college or university in accounting, finance, business administration, economics, or a closely related field.
Two (2) years of journey level accounting experience at a level equivalent to the class of Accountant II. Public agency experience is desirable.
SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
Apply online by clicking the 'Apply" link at the top of this announcement. When your online application is complete, click 'Accept'.
If you have any questions regarding this recruitment, contact Rachel Wallick in Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Human Resources Department will screen all applications to identify qualified candidates. After screening, qualified candidates will be referred to the next step and notified of all further procedures applicable to their status in the recruitment process.
An online written exam will be utilized to determine an applicant's ranking and placement on the eligibility list. If it is determined that you meet the minimum qualifications and are therefore eligible to participate, you will be notified by email at least one week prior to the examination. The tentative distribution date for this test is 9/21/2023. Only those qualified candidates who pass the written exam will continue in the recruitment process.
If you have taken this examination within six (6) months prior to the scheduled date of the examination, your score will automatically be transferred to this exam and you are not permitted to sit for this examination. If you have taken this examination from greater than six (6) months but within twelve (12) months prior to the scheduled date of the examination, you may elect to transfer that examination score or sit for the examination again; you must contact Human Resources prior to the scheduled exam date to request that your previous score be transferred.
A transferred examination score does not guarantee passing the current examination administration. Examination pass points are set in accordance with the EEOC Uniform Employee Selection Guidelines.
For more information on the recruitment process, click here.
Based on the department's needs, the selection procedures listed above may be modified. All candidates will be notified of any changes in the selection procedures.
The County of El Dorado is recruiting applicants for Sr. Accountant. This recruitment will establish a list for the purpose of filling current and future full time, part time, and extra help vacancies for at least three (3) months. We currently have the following vacancies.
- One (1) full time vacancy in the Administration and Finance division of the Health and Human Services Agency, located in Placerville, Ca.
Click here for Frequently Asked Questions.
The County of El Dorado is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Many job classifications require a pre-employment medical screening. Depending on the job classification, medical screening may include testing for drugs, including but not limited to marijuana; a positive test may result in revocation of an employment offer.
Not just rustic mining towns and historic sites - Today El Dorado County is a year-round vacation destination overflowing with outdoor adventure, inviting agritourism locations, enriching family activities, and a proud Gold Rush history. Escape the traffic and smog because El Dorado County is just:
- 40 miles from Downtown Sacramento
- 50 miles from Sacramento Airport
- 129 miles to San Francisco
Here are a few of the many activities and events available throughout El Dorado County:
- Hiking, Camping, Fishing, Boating, and Watersports
- Skiing and Snowboarding
- Live Music and Music Festivals
- Local Craft Breweries and Wineries
- El Dorado County Fair
- Placerville Speedway
- Farm to Fork Restaurants
- Local Shopping Gems
Employees that are buying a home in El Dorado County may qualify for down payment assistance. Click here for more information.
CHECK OUT OUR VIDEO TO LEARN MORE!
Closing Date/Time: 9/17/2023 11:59 PM Pacific