BHE GT&S has an exciting career opportunity with our Gas Accounting Team in our White Oaks General Office Building in Bridgeport, WV. ?
The successful candidate in this role will be
- Responsible for preparing reviewing and analyzing accounting records financial statements and other financial reports to assess accuracy completeness and conformity to reporting and procedural standards.
- Conducting moderately complex assignments involving accounting projects and the day-to-day maintenance of a general ledger.
- Identifying inconsistencies and problems and communicating them to management.
- Performing appropriate accounting controls.
- Participating in month-end closing quarterly and year-end financial reporting activities.
- Routinely interacting with internal and external customers.
- Performing various work assignments under limited supervision.?
- ?2-4 years of general accounting experience or 1 year of experience working in public accounting.
- Working knowledge of U.S. General Accounting Principles (GAAP), practices and procedures.
- Strong computer skills including Excel.
- Good communication, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Good analytical skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
Bachelor (Typically four years of related, progressive work experience would be needed for candidates applying for this position who do not possess a bachelor's degree.)
Accounting, Business, or Finance
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position, with or without an accommodation.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Position descriptions are developed as guides for the employees of BHE GT&S. The management team of BHE GT&S reserves the right to modify job responsibilities and position requirements to meet the corporate business goals and needs.
BHE GT&S is an interstate natural gas transmission and storage company that gives large customers more options in moving gas safely, reliably and efficiently. Headquartered in Richmond, Virginia, with operations in 10 states, BHE GT&S employees take pride in our work and are committed to innovative and sustainable natural gas energy solutions. Through our liquefied natural gas facilities, multi-state pipeline systems, and storage operations we support a number of large customers, including major utilities, power plants, marine transportation and heavy-duty trucking, along with manufacturing. Our employees are integral to our success and work hard to exceed customer expectations. BHE GT&S encourages a safe and inclusive work environment. We provide fulfilling employment opportunities, are committed to attracting and retaining the best employees, and support an environment that reflects the diversity of our communities.
ABOUT THE TEAM
At BHE GT&S, we celebrate diversity, equity and inclusion. BHE GT&S is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status (except as required by law), gender (including gender identity and expression), sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, familial or parental status, marital status or any other category protected by applicable local, state or U.S. federal law.
Job Identification 10000350
Job Category Finance
Job Schedule Full time
Salary Range $64,700-$76,100
Business Eastern Gas Transmission and Storage, Inc.