About Our Job
City Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. All persons offered a position will be required to provide valid proof of vaccination prior to starting employment.
The Denver Department of Public Safety is seeking a Senior Accountant responsible for daily accounting functions and activities in support of grant and special revenue fund business operations and administration to ensure compliance with fiscal rules and policies in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
Job Responsibilities Include:
• Perform complex reconciliation of overtime to include analysis of the internal scheduling system and City timekeeping systems
• Perform complex tasks for Specialist Revenue Funds on at least a monthly basis to include required reconciliation and analysis of transactions, reporting, completion of grant drawdowns and reconciliation of revenue in accordance with grantor regulations, OMB Circular, and applicable federal and state regulations
• Employee will participate in the monitoring of all grant sub-recipients and perform risk analysis to ensure compliance with federal, state and City rules
• Monitors and reconciles Electronic Fund Transfers to ensure proper posting and direct completion of journal vouchers to correct any discovered errors
• Tracks, records, and reconciles financial transactions for assigned Special Revenue Funds to ensure consistency and compliance with fiscal rules, and creates reports for historical records, audits, and the evaluation of financial processes and transactions.
• Employee will be responsible for the preparation of the Department's year-end accrued/deferred transaction and compilation of the Single Audit reporting package and perform duties as the liaison for all federal, state, and local grant financial audits.
• Employee will participate in the annual budget preparation process and provide expertise on historical costing, forecasting and budget projection methodologies in order to suggest appropriate budget allocations
• Accounting and financial management experience
• Cash management experience
• Experience with preparation and submission of grant documents
• Government audit experience
• 3 - 5 years grant management experience
• General Ledger reconciliation experience and adjusting entries
About Everything Else
CV2021 Accountant Senior
To view the full job profile including position specifications, physical demands, and probationary period, click here.
Position Salary Range
$61,263.00 - $101,084.00
Denver Police Department
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.