Pay Range: $62,451 - $81,187 annual compensation
Job Posting Closing on: Thursday, September 23, 2021
The City of Fort Worth is the 12th largest city in the U.S. and the fastest growing among large cities. Fort Worth has received multiple accolades, including number one Downtown (Livability), and the second-best City in the nation for Job Seekers (Forbes). Our employees serve the needs of over 800,000 residents. We are seeking individuals that reflect our values of exceptional customer experience, mutual respect, embracing our diversity, continuous improvement, ethical behavior, and accountability.
A Sr. Accountant job is available with the City of Fort Worth Development Services Department. The ideal candidate will be self-starter who is a team player and can thrive in a deadline driven environment.
The Sr. Accountant job responsibilities include:
- Perform complex account reconciliations
- Project revenue for approximately 90 accounts
Monitor general ledger accounts, review/approve/post journal entries
- Perform trend analysis and fee benchmarking
- Perform month-end and year-end closing activities
- Assist during the City's independent financial and single audits
- Support internal/external customers and City departments to resolve accounting issues, and any other duties that may be assigned
- Bachelor's Degree or higher from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related field
- Three (3) years of increasingly responsible accounting experience is
- Valid Driver's License
- Certified Public Accountant credentials
- Experience working with ERP systems and strong Excel skills
- Engage in the Government Finance Officers Association; and/or possess credentials as a Certified Public Finance Officer
- Experience working in a State or Local Government environment
Conditions of Employment
Candidates who do not meet the Education requirement, may be considered if they have more relevant work experience than the position requires. Those selected for employment will be required to pass Pre-Employment checks depending on the position requirements. Those could include, but are not limited to: criminal background check, drug screen, education verification, etc. Criminal convictions will be considered on a case by case basis. Employees are paid by direct deposit only. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Closing Date/Time: Thursday, September 23, 2021