SPF Accounting Coordinator (530766)
SPF Accounting Coordinator
First Review Date: Thursday, September 21, 2023
Open Until Filled
At Cal Poly Humboldt, bold hearts and open minds shape the future.
Founded in 1913, Cal Poly Humboldt began as a small college for teachers. Today Humboldt has grown into a comprehensive university with rigorous science and liberal arts programs. Designated a polytechnic in 2022, Cal Poly Humboldt provides hands-on, impactful educational opportunities that lead to meaningful, measurable outcomes for the individual, for the state, and the world.
Cal Poly Humboldt is proud to have nearly 6,000 students of all backgrounds spread across 61 majors, 13 graduate programs, and 4 credential programs - all of whom contribute passion and creativity within their fields and set the stage for a future grounded in equity and sustainability. Hands-on learning, inspired teaching, ground-breaking research, and thought-provoking creative activity happen daily at Humboldt.
Cal Poly Humboldt is a Hispanic-Serving Institution that strives to foster an inclusive and equitable community to support our students of diverse backgrounds. We are committed to achieving the goals of equal opportunity and endeavors to employ faculty and staff of the highest quality committed to working in a multicultural and multiracial community that reflects the diversity of the state.
Finding a better future is a task for the bold and open, the down-to-earth and visionary. Cal Poly Humboldt strives to cultivate these qualities in leaders, innovators, and scholars in every field.
(Job #530766) Accounting Technician I, SPF Accounting Coordinator, Salary Range: $3,345 - $5,249 monthly. Appointments are typically made at the beginning of the salary range. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. This is a full-time, benefited, non-exempt, 12-month pay plan, permanent position with a one-year probationary period in the Accounting Department. This position comes with a premium benefits package that includes outstanding vacation, medical, dental, and vision plans, life insurance, voluntary pre-tax health and dependent care reimbursement accounts, a fee waiver education program, membership in the California Public Employees Retirement System (PERS), and 14 paid holidays per year. Additional benefits information can be found at https://hraps.humboldt.edu/employee-benefits .
Position Summary: Under the general supervision of the Controller and the lead work direction of the SPF Accountant, the incumbent will work closely with SPF and the Cal Poly Humboldt Accounting staff to maintain information for all SPF funds, process all SPF related financial transfers, and prepare requested project financial reports. The ideal candidate will have the ability to express ideas and give instructions effectively, operate common office appliances used in financial record-keeping work, make arithmetical computations rapidly and accurately, apply rules and regulations to specific cases, and analyze data and draw logical conclusions.
85% General coordinator and accounting duties:
- Work closely with SPF Post-Award and Executive staff and Cal Poly Humboldt Accounting staff;
- Maintain PeopleSoft and APEX information for all SPF funds including, but not limited to: creating new funds and projects, creating combination rules, maintaining account trees, activating and inactivating funds and projects;
- Create new ID records for Principal Investigators (PI), Sponsors, and Post-Award Analysts in PeopleSoft Grants Module;
- Process all SPF cost transfers to include, but not limited to: residual, cost, payroll, write-off, reimbursement and billing transfers;
- Prepare Federal Financial Reports (SF-425) to be completed by the SPF Post-Award Grant Analyst;
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts as directed by Accounting staff;
- Performs annual audit assignments, preparing general ledger reconciliations and collecting documentation for auditors in specified formats;
- Communicate with the SPF Post-Award Grant Analysts regarding any missing or incorrect information on transfer requests;
- Attend monthly Compliance meetings and participate in creation and maintenance of internal policies and procedures;
- Communicate clearly to their peers and leaders when opportunities for increased productivity and efficiencies can be made;
- Maintain up-to-date desk procedures for the position's duties;
- Search for back up documentation in CSU BUY;
- Regularly receive and process DocuSign envelopes submitted to Accounting;
- Organize, maintain, and safeguard accounting related records;
10% Provide support for internal/external audits
5% Special projects and other duties as needed
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Associated with this Position Include:
- Ability to apply a general knowledge of financial record-keeping methods, procedures, and practices to the processing and recording of financial transactions and information
- Ability to understand and apply applicable rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within a diverse population, and with a broad range of campus constituents
- Exercise tact, courtesy, alertness, and good judgment in responding to others
- Ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, Google Shared Drives and Google Sheets effectively
- Ability to review financial documents for accuracy, completeness, validity, and adherence to standards;
- Compute and post numbers rapidly and accurately;
- Maintain files and records;
- Identify, trace, and correct errors;
- Follow directions;
- Interpret and apply written rules and regulations;
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others;
- Exercise tact, courtesy, alertness, and good judgment in responding to others;
- Use current computer word processing and spreadsheet software programs, web browsers, query tools, integrated financial systems and/or other types of records management systems, such as student accounting, cashiering and student financial aid;
- And read and write English at a level appropriate to the position.
- Equivalent to one year of clerical accounting or financial record-keeping experience which has provided the above knowledge and abilities.
- Any combination of education and experience which provides the required knowledge and abilities.
- Experience with PeopleSoft in a CSU environment.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office and Google software, particularly Excel, Word, Google Shared Drives, and Google Sheets effectively.
- Strong demonstrated written and oral communication skills.
- Familiarity with Oracle business products, DocuSign, and Adobe.
- Experience working in Higher Education and/or a Grants Management environment
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to work independently to complete tasks on schedule under minimal supervision
- Ability to work comfortably with frequent interruptions and changing needs within a busy office.
- Ability to operationalize sustainability concepts (economy, society, environment) into all aspects of performing job duties
Application Procedure: To apply, qualified candidates must electronically submit the following materials by clicking the Apply Now button:
- Letter of Interest
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Contact information for at least three professional references
Application Deadline: The deadline to submit application materials for first review is 11:55 p.m. on Thursday, September 21, 2023.
Any inquiries about this recruitment can be directed to email@example.com or Cal Poly Humboldt's Human Resources Office at (707) 826-3626.
Cal Poly Humboldt sits on the traditional homelands of the Wiyot people in what is currently called Arcata, CA. The Wiyot people call the area Goudi'ni (over in the woods). Cal Poly Humboldt was the first campus in the California State University system to offer a stand-alone major in Native American Studies.
Cal Poly Humboldt is committed to enriching its educational environment and its culture through the diversity of its staff, faculty, and administration. Persons with interest and experience in helping organizations set and achieve goals relative to diversity and inclusion are especially encouraged to apply.
Working in the state of California is a condition of employment for this position. Even if part or all of an employee's assignment can be performed remotely, the employee must maintain a permanent residence in the state of California. The employee must be able to accept on-campus work assignment, as assigned, and come to campus when needed.
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/ and questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Cal Poly Humboldt hires only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States. This position may be considered a "Campus Security Authority", pursuant to the Clery Act, and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1107 a condition of employment.
CAL POLY HUMBOLDT IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS (e.g. H1-B VISAS)
Evidence of required degree(s), certification(s), or license(s) is required prior to the appointment date. Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check, employment verification, and education verification) is required for employment. Cal Poly Humboldt will issue a contingent offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or if it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Certain positions may also require a credit check, motor vehicle report, and/or fingerprinting through Live Scan service. Failure to satisfactorily complete or adverse findings from a background check may affect the employment status of candidates or continued employment of current CSU employees who are being considered for the position.
Cal Poly Humboldt is committed to achieving the goals of equal opportunity and endeavors to employ faculty and staff of the highest quality reflecting the ethnic and cultural diversity of the state. Additional information about Cal Poly Humboldt can be found at www.humboldt.edu.
Cal Poly Humboldt is a Title IX/Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Mandated Reporting: This position may be considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Additionally, all CSU staff and faculty receive training annually on their obligations in responding to and reporting incidents of sexual harassment and sexual violence. You will be notified by email when you are required to take this mandated training.
Class Code: 1730
Publication Date: September 7, 2023
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled