SENIOR ACCOUNTING SPECIALIST
Position Title: Senior Accounting Specialist
Reports To: Controller
Vermeer Great Plains 100% EMPLOYEE-OWNED COMPANY
An authorized distributor for Vermeer equipment in Kansas, Oklahoma, and Western Missouri with five branch locations across the region. A 100% employee-owned company, we provide dedicated sales, rentals, parts, and service support for customers in the tree care, landscaping, wood waste, organic recycling, underground construction, and mining industries.
Under direction from Controller and/or CFO, performs technical and complex accounting duties in the preparation, maintenance and review of financial records, accounts, and reports. Interprets accounting policies and procedures to assure accuracy and compliance. May have a functional or technical supervisory responsibility over clerical and administrative employees.
ESSENTIAL PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must be committed to and take a pro-active approach to our Company Mission, Vision and Values.
- Process monthly sales commissions.
- File monthly, quarterly, and annual tax returns and miscellaneous government registrations and reports
- Finance equipment in inventory and manage floorplan.
- Payroll processing and administration.
- Receive equipment, enter vouchers, and create files.
- Invoice customer equipment sales and rentals.
- Enter deposits as needed
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of special reports.
- Communicate with co-workers, management, directors, clients and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations while performing work assignments and adhere to all policies and procedures as specified in Employee Handbook.
Measure of success determined by established company guidelines, including but not limited to the ability to successfully perform the above mentioned functions, feedback from customers, ability to take guidance and direction from Manager professionally, and execute upon such feedback.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance or related degree required
- 3+ years of experience in similar role and responsibilities required
- Would consider 7+ years of experience in similar role/responsibilities in lieu of degree.
- Supervisory/management experience strongly preferred
- Ability to deal with and look at situations with a logical and analytical approach
- Must be disciplined and detail oriented
- Must have computer knowledge and be technologically advanced
- Background check, pre-employment drug testing and clean driving record required
- Personal appearance must be neat, clean and professional
- Open to work overtime if needed
- Travel (less than 5%)
FLSA status: Exempt
The above noted job description is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned but rather to give a general sense of responsibilities and expectations of position. As the nature of business demands change so, too, may the essential functions of this position.