Senior Accountant -Department of Finance
The Finance Department is seeking one (1) Overstrength Senior Accountant. The Overstrength Senior Accountant will lead the Finance and Recovery documentation processes for the Community and Economic Recovery team. The Senior Accountant is responsible for developing and communicating policies and procedures to maximize reimbursement, minimize disallowed costs, and satisfy reporting and compliance requirements. The Senior Accountant is expected to work independently and communicate documentation requirements across various City departments. The essential duties of this position include:
- Update the Finance and Recovery documentation plan and review with internal and external stakeholders.
- Establish formal policies and procedures for the documentation of recovery costs.
- Identify and communicate Coronavirus Relief Funds and American Rescue Plan Act reporting and documentation requirements.
- Create documentation toolkit with samples and templates for different reimbursement types;
- Collect sole source justifications for contracts and purchase orders awarded under emergency or exigent circumstances or other procurement documentation.
- Write and/or review written policies and procedures on how to procure and account for recovery expenditures and provide financial and nonfinancial staff with training on funding requirements and guidelines.
- Organize and lead recurring documentation liaisons working group meetings.
- Clearly express ideas verbally and in writing.
- Assist with special projects as required.
The actual salary shall be determined by the final candidate's qualifications and experience.The Senior Accountant salary range is $93,683.20-$114,150.40. In addition to the starting salary, employees in the Senior Accountant classification shall also receive an approximate five percent (5%) ongoing non-pensionable compensation pay.
Announcement: Pursuant to the City's COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination and Testing Policy, the City of San Jose is requiring all new hires to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment absent a documented medical and/or religious exemption.
Remote Work Information: Please be aware that as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Senior Accountant will be required to work at least 50% onsite until further notice. The Senior Accountant will be assigned a laptop by the City with all software and software access required to perform the assigned duties remotely. The Senior Accountant will be required to have/provide their own internet connectivity and other requirements as specified in the City's Remote Access Policy to be able to fully perform their responsibilities remotely in accordance with the City's Policy Manual, Section 1.7.3 Remote Access, at https://www.sanjoseca.gov/your-government/city-manager/employee-relations/city-policy-manual .
An Overstrength position occurs when a position is needed outside of the City's budget process. While the Overstrength Senior Accountant position is currently funded through June 30, 2022, it is planned to be extended on an annual basis until all reporting, compliance, and audits are closed out. These activities are expected to carry on until at least June 30, 2025.