Metro Water Recovery in Denver, CO - a nationally recognized leader among clean water utilities, provides wastewater conveyance and treatment services for 2.2 million people in the Denver Metro area.
Under general direction, a Senior Accountant plans, organizes, and performs complex, professional, and technical accounting duties in the analysis, preparation, and maintenance of financial records, reports, and systems, for assigned programs and business activities. Works under the direction of the Senior Accounting Manager. May direct the work of other staff as needed in the accomplishment of duties.
Examples of Duties
Prepare monthly financial statements and other summary reports in compliance with GAAP and following Metro's accounting practices. Assist with month end closing process.Maintains and balances subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting and reconciling transactions and resolving discrepancies.Plans, reviews, and ensures accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of accounting data in assigned areas; as required or requested, analyzes and evaluates information, presents findings, and/or recommendations . Prepare reports, schedules and documents to support Metro's annual external financial statement audit.Assist in preparing documents and interpreting complicated financial information for management and external stakeholders.Maintains, reviews, and participates in developing and recommending improvements to accounting policies, processes, and procedures. Participates in developing, maintaining, and ensuring optimal utilization of financial accounting information systems. Assist with the completion of various financial models.Performs other duties as assigned.
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Accounting and General ledger principles, processes, and procedures
- Accounts payable and Purchasing principles, processes, and procedures
- Fixed assets and construction in progress principles, processes, and procedures
- General office processes and procedures
- Microsoft Office software
- Working in databases, spreadsheets, and word documents
- Analyze and evaluate complex financial and accounting information and reach sound professional conclusions and recommendations.
- Prepare clear, concise, and comprehensive financial statements, schedules, reports, and other written materials.
- Leveraging diverse modes of communication to optimize the effective exchange of ideas and information.
- Exercise sound independent judgment within general policy guidelines.
- Utilizing technology to seek and share resources and information.
- Communicate effectively verbally and in person.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with management, staff, auditors, vendors and others encountered in the course of work .
- Perform effectively in a collaborative team environment.
Bachelor's degree in accounting. Equivalency equals two years of directly related professional experience for every year of education not completed.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear more than 2/3 of the time. The employee is required to stand; walk; and reach with hands and arms 1/3 to 2/3 of the time; and to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl less than 1/3 of the time. The employee must lift and/or move up to 10 pounds 1/3 to 2/3 of the time and up to 25 pounds less than 1/3 of the time. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Metro Water Recoveryoffers a wide range of employee benefits including:
* Life Insurance
* Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
* Leave Time (Vacation, Sick Leave, Personal Leave, & Holiday)
* Additional Voluntary Benefits
Read more about our organization.
Closing Date/Time: 5/28/2023 11:59 PM Mountain