# of Openings: 1
System ID: 13903
SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
The Senior Accountant position owns providing accounting services to new and emerging lines of businesses within SCA. This includes but is not limited to journal entry creation and submission, analysis of monthly financials, and preparation and completion of balance sheet reconciliations. This position will also own relationships with key stakeholders and identify and implement process improvement within assigned portfolio. This position plays a vital role in ensuring preparation and receipt of timely and accurate financials for new business line entities.
Key Responsibilities :
- Full ownership of the financials which includes maintenance of the general ledger to ensure accuracy and reliability
- Perform month end close procedures including preparing and recording manual journal entries, analysis of facility or practice level financial statements, and communication to internal and external stakeholders
- Use of independent judgment and analytical skills in resolution of financial inquiries and problem solving
- Pro-actively communicate with internal and external stakeholders on monthly financial results, particularly related to unusual variances and trends, communication of key performance indicators, and partner on the resolution of identified items
- Prepare Balance Sheet account reconciliations and partner with key stakeholders on the resolution of outstanding items
- Perform post-close duties which may include preparation of distributions, invoicing, and ad- hoc reporting requirements
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to provide Strategic Business Insight for assigned portfolio which include the ability to digest financial information, render judgement, create context, pattern recognition, and communicate to necessary internal and external parties
- Train and/or mentor other accountants to ensure appropriate and continued development and coaching
- Continuously challenge procedures to ensure effective and efficient month-end and post- end close processes and implement improvements as appropriate with little to no direction
- Collaborate across lanes and maintain professional demeanor when interacting with all levels of management and external partners
- Assist and drive team and company initiatives
- Assist with accounting and finance special projects as needed
- BS in Accounting or Finance required
- CPA preferred
- 3- 5+ years' experience in industry or public accounting
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and statistical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced level of proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word, Power Point, Excel and Outlook) and Office 365 platforms and
- Superior organization, attention to detail and analytical skills with emphasis in managing multiple requests, deadlines, and competing
- Exhibit leadership skills through coaching, critical self-review, motivation, self-confidence and self-discipline
- Exceptional problem-solving and results-driven
- Excellent interpersonal skills including a proven ability to successfully interact and foster open dialogue with internal stakeholders, third-party service providers, field operations, and leaders throughout the
- Dependable, deadline driven, display good work ethics and a team
- Candidate should possess the ability to work in a changing, fast paced environment while displaying strong teamwork, communication skills, and ability to produce
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
#DP #RegisteredNurse #HealthcareJobs #NurseJobs #MedicalJobs #Healthcare #NurseLife #RNJobs #Health #SCA #SurgicalCareAffiliates #ASC #AmbulatorySurgeryCenter