Plant Cost Accountant
A great job and a great future await you at Smithfield Foods. As the world’s largest pork processor and largest hog producer in the United States, we’re a $16 billion global food company with more than 55,000 employees. We’re looking for motivated people who want to join our team and grow lasting and meaningful careers with us.
Our team members receive industry-competitive salaries and are eligible for great benefits packages:
- Competitive Starting Pay
- Annual Bonus Earning Potential
- Comprehensive Health Insurance, Retirement Benefits and More
Looking to move? We will help! Ask about our Relocation Assistance packages! Benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Lump Sum payments
- Agents to help you sell/buy
- Lease Termination Assistance
- Moving of goods and vehicles
In addition, we offer opportunities for career growth, professional development, and tuition assistance.
The Finance/Accounting team is seeking out driven, detail-oriented professionals to exercise GAAP principles while preserving the superior financial standing of our $15B company. These personnel examine data for accurate pricing in Customer Finance, reconcile/manage invoices as an Accounting Coordinator, or scrutinize the company’s state/federal income tax data in Corporate Tax.
The Cost Accountant will support the operations finance/manufacturing accounting functions by providing/assisting in plant reporting, compilation and analysis, performing month-end close activities, performing bill of material maintenance, and assist with product standard cost integrity.
- Perform weekly/quarterly standard cost rollup functions
- Complete corporate month-end close tasks ensuring strict adherence to the close schedule.
- Complete monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Compile weekly and monthly operations finance reports for distribution.
- Manage Bill of Material audits to satisfy corporate policies. This will entail communicating with each plant on the progress and ensuring they will meet annual policies.
- Enter all BOM and Routing information for new products and maintain current products.
- Maintain and create Raw/WIP codes and all market quote codes.
- Reconciliation of GR/IR clearings.
- Manage daily Co-Pack invoice process.
- Responsible for maintaining account mapping.
- Support plant close activities
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year college or university in Accounting or Finance and 2+ years of relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience; required.
- Food Industry/Meat related experience, preferred.
- SAP experience, preferred.
- Excellent Proficiency in Microsoft Office Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Strong initiative and ability to manage multiple projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to complete projects timely and accurately.
- Must be detail oriented with strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.