ADS is looking to hire a Plant Accountant for its Mendota, Illinois location. This is a full-time, hands-on position responsible for financial data reporting and day-to-day Human Resources responsibilities for a manufacturing plant with approximately 100 employees. Qualified candidates should have at least 2-3 years working in a business/office setting, and previous HR or administrative experience. The Plant Accountant reports directly to the Plant Manager and has indirect reporting relationships to the Regional Manufacturing Manager and Corporate Accounting.
Headquartered in Hilliard Ohio, Advanced Drainage Systems, Inc (ADS) is the leading manufacturer of high performance thermoplastic corrugated pipe, providing a comprehensive suite of water management products and drainage solutions. Our innovative products and superior drainage solutions are used across a broad range of end markets and applications, including residential, non-residential, agriculture and infrastructure applications. We have established a leading position in many of these end markets by leveraging our national sales and distribution platform, overall product breadth and scale, and our manufacturing excellence. Founded in 1966, we operate a global network of 3,700 employees, 63 manufacturing plants and 31 distribution centers. In July, 2014 we became a public company traded on the NYSE®. To enable our continued growth, we are looking to add top talent to our dynamic organization.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Practicing proper PPE compliance and helping maintain a safe working record and environment
- Reconciling general ledger accounts and summarizing and reporting on the plant's accounting activities
- Payroll processing and management of overtime, employee benefits and taxes through data entry and reports in ADP and E-time software programs
- Preparing entries utilizing accrual accounting to record payroll, freight and capital expenditures
- Managing accounts payable and purchase order process
- Managing transactions of collected cash and checks
- Personnel Administration (personnel files, vacation & attendance tracking, new employee processing and benefits administration)
- Processing all offer letters/packets and separation and resignation and release letters
- Coordinating pre-employment, and on-boarding procedures
- Improving and maintaining HRIS, supporting the company's annual HR activities, and assisting managers and employees with HR related matters and policy interpretation.
- Assisting managers and supervisors with day to day recruitment questions
- Understand and practice ADS CORE VALUES
This position should possess the following skills/knowledge:
- Intermediate to advanced MS Office and computer skills
- Ability to sustain minimal data entry/numerical errors
- Mathematical skills
- Effective proofreading skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Minimum High School diploma or GED required
- Associate's Degree or Bachelors Degree preferred
- 2-3 years general business/office
- Previous HR and payroll experience
- Previous office management experience and
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and other computer components.
- The employee will be typing, answering the phone, and using their hands in other ways throughout the day and must have full use of their hands.
- The employee will be sitting at a desk for an extended period of time.