Lecturer Pool – Accounting AY 2023/24 (528563)
- Position: Lecturer - AY
- Academic Year: 2023/2024
- Day/Time: Varies
- Modality: Varies
- College: CoBA - College of Business Administration
- Department: Accounting
The Department of Accounting at California State University San Marcos accepts applications on an on-going basis for our pool of part-time lecturers. This pool covers undergraduate accounting classes offered as part of the Accounting Option. See the current University catalog for a listing of the accounting courses offered.
- Bachelor's Degree in business related field
- Current CPA/CMA license and/or master's degree in accounting/MBA
- Experience in accounting field
- Per the California State University's Out-of-State Employment Policy, the CSU is prohibited from hiring employees to perform CSU-related work outside California. Working in the State of California is a condition of employment
- Teaching experience at community college and/or four-year university
- Preference will be given to applicants with demonstrated commitment to diversity, inclusivity, and/or intercultural competence with diverse groups in relation to teaching.
Salary commensurate with degree level and experience
- Anticipated Hiring Salary Range: $4,530 - $6,056 per full-time month
The salary schedule information for the Lecturer - Academic Year Classification is available based on the following ranges:
- CSU Classification Salary Range Lecturer A - AY: $4,530 - $6,056 per full-time month
The anticipated hiring range is generally at or near the minimum of the appropriate range, commensurate with education and experience.
To apply, please prepare to submit the following:
- Your completed faculty application
- Curriculum Vitae (uploaded)
- Contact information for three current references
- Letter of interest (uploaded)
Timeline: Applications are accepted and reviewed as needed, on an on-going basis throughout the 2023/24 academic year.
Applications in this pool ad will only be good for the current academic year. This pool will be closed effective May 31st. If you wish to be considered for the next academic year, you will need to apply to the new pool as it becomes available by June 15th.
The University is particularly interested in candidates who have experience working with students from diverse backgrounds and a demonstrated commitment to improving access to higher education for under-represented groups.
CSUSM has been designated as a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI) and was named one of the top 32 Colleges most friendly to junior faculty by the Collaborative on Academic Careers in Higher Education. Visit Faculty Opportunities for more information.
California State University San Marcos is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that is strongly committed to promoting diversity in all areas of the campus community. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, physical or mental disability, gender or sex, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, nationality, race or ethnicity, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, and veteran or military status.
Per the California State University's Out-of-State Employment Policy, the CSU is prohibited from hiring employees to perform CSU-related work outside California. Working in the State of California is a condition of employment
This position is subject to employment verification, education verification, reference checks and criminal record checks. An offer of appointment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check, including a criminal records check, and may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information.
The person holding this position is considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in in CSU Executive Order 1083 Revised December 22, 2020 as a condition of employment. An offer of employment is contingent upon execution of an Acknowledgement of Mandated Reporter Status and Legal Duty to Report Child Abuse and Neglect form. Signing the form is a prerequisite to employment and failure to sign will result in any offer of employment being withdrawn.
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy, can be found at CSU Covid Policy . Questions should be sent to the Office of Human Resources at email@example.com .
Closing Date/Time: May 31, 2024