- This posting is only for processing of interns who have been informed that they are being hired. Please do not submit your application via this posting for vacancy consideration.
This is varied work of average difficulty designed to provide supervised practical work experience for persons preparing themselves for professional and managerial careers in public service through formal education.
Employees in this class perform various assigned duties usually involving research projects and report writing. Employees may conduct surveys, perform administrative and public information tasks in support of City programs. Emphasis is placed on providing varied, meaningful learning experiences to the employee, while at the same time providing productive work to the City. Employees exercise limited initiative and independent judgment, and work under the immediate supervision of an experienced managerial employee, who reviews work while in progress and upon completion.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Conducts investigations into assigned phases of City government operations, practices, policies, laws and regulations; participates in formulating recommendations for the improvement of government operations; prepares reports which may be accompanied by statistics, graphs and charts.
- May receive and prepare responses to routine correspondence and telephone inquiries.
- May assist in the preparation of survey questionnaires, conduct mail and telephone surveys, compile and integrate survey data, interpret survey data, and prepare summary reports of surveys.
- May assist in the preparation and distribution of public information and employee communications.
- May assist in the conduct of studies of specific work groups in the City government to establish work standards, develop proper staffing plans, and improve the efficiency of work groups.
- Performs related work as required.
JOB REQUIREMENTS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Possess a high school diploma and an acceptance letter from an accredited college or university.
- Have successfully completed at least one (1) year of credits at an accredited college or university leading to a Bachelor's degree in public or business administration, or in a field appropriate to the area of assignment, and be actively pursuing an educational program leading to a Bachelor's degree.
- Possess a Bachelor's degree in a field appropriate to the area of assignment, and be actively pursuing an educational program leading to a Master's degree.
HOW TO APPLY/ VETERAN INFORMATION
This posting is only for processing of interns who have been approved to be hired, and have been informed of this verbally or via email. Please do not submit your application via this posting for vacancy consideration.
The City of Fort Lauderdale offers a comprehensive benefits package to all regular full-time employees including vacation, holiday, and sick leave as well as medical, dental, vision, life and short-term disability insurance.
Click here for an overview of employment information including our benefits package.