The UMN has suspended hiring for most positions. However, we will continue hiring for positions critical to the University's mission and operations at this time. Applications are being accepted for this position and you are encouraged to apply. In-person interviews are suspended indefinitely and will be replaced by interviews in a virtual format. Thank you for your continued interest in working at the University of Minnesota.
Required Qualifications and Selection Criteria:
- Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in Accounting, Business or related field; OR a combination of related education and experience in gift, fund, and/or grant administration to equal four years.
- Strong commitment to customer service
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain relationships at all organizational levels
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve, analyze alternative solutions, and recognize opportunities for improvement
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to gather, organize and present data in a concise and meaningful way
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced user of Microsoft Word
- Intermediate user of Microsoft Excel
- Ability to take initiative and function independently and as part of a team
- Ability to handle information with discretion and confidentiality
- Experience in gift, fund and/or grant administration in a non-profit or university environment.
About the Job
What You'll Do:
This entry-level professional position is responsible for a wide range of fund administration and accounting activities requiring the application of federal laws, IRS guidelines and the University and Foundation principles and policies. This position manages the creation of and changes to fund accounts, and prepares various management reports while providing excellent customer service. This position also performs other duties as assigned including back up for various accounting functions.
About the Department
At the University of Minnesota Foundation (UMF), our mission is to connect passion with possibility, inspire generosity, and support greatness at the University of Minnesota by placing donors at the heart of everything we do and every decision we make. UMF is a nonprofit organization responsible for raising and managing gifts to the University of Minnesota.
For more information about UMF and our Driven campaign, visit https://give.umn.edu/about-umf
We take care of you:
- Comprehensive and competitive benefits package that includes medical, vision, dental, and pharmacy coverage; life insurance; retirement, long-term care insurance; and disability coverage.
- Come. Work. Stay. Play. The U of M is conveniently accessible by light rail, bus, and bike. And we offer discounted bus transportation through our "U-Pass" program.
- The University of Minnesota embraces diversity ane equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
How To Apply
Applications must be submitted online. To be considered for this position, please click the Apply button and follow the instructions. You will be given the opportunity to complete an online application for the position and attach a cover letter and resume.
Additional documents may be attached after application by accessing your "My Job Applications" page and uploading documents in the "My Cover Letters and Attachments" section.
To request an accommodation during the application process, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (612) 624-UOHR (8647).
The University recognizes and values the importance of diversity and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its employees and in supporting the academic mission. The University is committed to attracting and retaining employees with varying identities and backgrounds.
The University of Minnesota provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. To learn more about diversity at the U: http://diversity.umn.edu.
Background Check Information
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. Our presumption is that prospective employees are eligible to work here. Criminal convictions do not automatically disqualify finalists from employment.
About the U of M
The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC)
The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC), is among the largest public research universities in the country, offering undergraduate, graduate, and professional students a multitude of opportunities for study and research. Located at the heart of one of the nation's most vibrant, diverse metropolitan communities, students on the campuses in Minneapolis and St. Paul benefit from extensive partnerships with world-renowned health centers, international corporations, government agencies, and arts, nonprofit, and public service organizations.