Financial Coordinator – Accounting Officer Senior
Working Title: Financial Coordinator
Job Class: Accounting Officer Senior
Agency: Health Department
- Who May Apply: Open for bids and to all qualified job seekers simultaneously. Bidders will be considered through 05/11/2023.
- Date Posted: 05/05/2023
- Closing Date: 05/18/2023
- Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: Minnesota Department of Health
- Division/Unit: Financial Management / Financial Operations
- Work Shift/Work Hours: Day - 8:00am-4:30pm
- Days of Work: Monday - Friday
- Travel Required: No
- Salary Range: $26.14 - $38.38 / hourly; $54,580 - $80,137 / annually
- Classified Status: Classified
- Bargaining Unit/Union: 214 - MN Association of Professional Employees (MAPE)
- FLSA Status: Nonexempt
- Telework Eligible: Yes
- Designated in Connect 700 Program for Applicants with Disabilities : Yes
Make a difference in the lives of Minnesotans.
The work you'll do is more than just a job. Join the talented, engaged and inclusive workforce dedicated to creating a better Minnesota.
The Financial Operations Unit serves as the fiscal liaison between program managers and Financial Management by providing oversight of incoming grants and contracts, setting up and monitoring budgets in SWIFT, federal financial reporting, federal draws, federal time reporting, and managing the chart of accounts.
This position serves on a team that provides financial expertise and consultation for assigned divisions including budgeting, monitoring, projecting, financial reporting, and invoicing services necessary for the proper fiscal stewardship of large and complex federal grants, state appropriations, interagency agreements, and income contracts.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serving as the fiscal liaison between assigned divisions and Financial Management.
- Monitoring awards and state appropriations to ensure compliance with regulations set forth by the awarding entity.
- Making monthly computations of indirect costs on assigned accounts.
- Preparing financial reports as required by the awarding agency.
This is a hybrid telework position that requires occasional in-person meetings.
- Two years of professional experience in accounting, financial management, or grants management
Applicant experience must also demonstrate the following:
- Use of the State's accounting and reporting systems, SWIFT and OBIEE
- Knowledge of statewide accounting and budgeting practices and procedures sufficient to review and analyze annual operation budgets
- Knowledge of federal grant policies, procedures, and reporting requirements
A degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or other related degree will substitute for professional experience, as follows:
- Master's degree = 18 month of experience
- Bachelor's degree = 12 months of experience
- Associate degree = 6 months of experience
Minimum qualifications to be assessed at interview:
- Ability to read, interpret, and apply federal and state statutes, laws, and regulations
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to work collaboratively with team members
- Ability to prepare, and effectively present analyses, recommendations, and plans to stakeholders
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or other degree in a closely related area
- Experience with BPAS and AMA systems
- Experience performing fiscal and budgetary analysis including monitoring expenditures and receipts sufficient to organize and present information for decision-making
- Ability to interpret complex financial reports, identify problems, and recommend solutions
- Exemplary customer service skills
Must successfully pass a background check.
How to Apply
Select "Apply for Job" at the top of this page. If you have questions about applying for jobs, contact the job information line at 651-259-3637 or email firstname.lastname@example.org . For additional information about the application process, go to http://www.mn.gov/careers .
If you have questions about the position, contact Rebecca Lichter at email@example.com .
To receive consideration as a Connect 700 Program applicant, apply online, email the Job ID#, the Working Title and your valid Proof of Eligibility Certificate by the closing date to Rebecca Lichter at firstname.lastname@example.org .
About Health Department
Our mission is protecting, maintaining and improving the health of all Minnesotans. Our vision is for health equity in Minnesota, where all communities are thriving and all people have what they need to be healthy.
Why Work for Us
We are committed to continually developing a workforce that reflects the diversity of our state and the populations we serve. The varied experiences and perspectives of employees strengthen the work we do together and our ability to best serve the people of Minnesota.
A recent engagement survey of State of Minnesota employees found:
- 95% of employees understand how their work helps achieve their agency's mission
- 91% of employees feel trusted to do their jobs
- 88% of employees feel equipped to look at situations from other cultural perspectives when doing their job
- 87% of employees report flexibility in their work schedule
Our benefits aim to balance four key elements that make life and work meaningful: health and wellness, financial well-being, professional development, and work/life harmony. As an employee, your benefits may include:
- Public pension plan
- Training and professional development
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- 11 paid holidays each year
- Paid parental leave
- Low-cost medical and dental coverage
- Prescription drug coverage
- Vision coverage
- Wellness programs and resources
- Employer paid life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Health care spending and savings accounts
- Dependent care spending account
- Tax-deferred compensation
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Federal Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness Program
Programs, resources and benefits eligibility varies based on type of employment, agency, funding availability, union/collective bargaining agreement, location, and length of service with the State of Minnesota.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Minnesota state agencies are equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employers. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
We will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651-259-3637 or email email@example.com and indicate what assistance is needed.