College of Business and Economics
Department of Finance
Assistant Professor in Corporate Finance
California State University, Fullerton is a minority-serving institution, and an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer with a strong commitment to increasing the diversity of the campus community and the curriculum, and fostering an inclusive environment within which students, staff, administrators and faculty thrive. Candidates who can contribute to this goal through their teaching, research, advising, and other activities are encouraged to identify their strengths and experiences in this area. Individuals advancing the University's strategic diversity goals and those from groups whose underrepresentation in the American professoriate has been severe and longstanding are particularly encouraged to apply.
We are seeking applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor position in the area of Corporate Finance. The Department is interested in Corporate Finance candidates with strong teaching and research potential. The successful applicant is expected to teach undergraduate and graduate courses, advise students, value diversity, serve on the committees, and engage in activities that benefit the department, University, and community. Positive tenure and promotion decisions require excellent teaching, strong scholarly and creative activities which result in publication of high-quality refereed journal articles, and substantial services.
- A doctorate in Finance or a related field from an accredited institution. ABD's may apply but must show evidence that the degree will be completed by the appointment date
- Demonstrate strong teaching and research potential
- Evidence of (or potential for) publications in high quality journals
- Evidence of excellence in teaching
- Ability to work effectively with a culturally diverse range of students, faculty, staff, and external audiences
- Business experience in a corporate finance environment
Salary and Benefits
Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications and is subject to budgetary authorization and any California State University System faculty contract increases. Summer research grants, moving expenses, start-up funds, and a reduced teaching load may be available. An excellent comprehensive benefits package is available that includes health/vision/dental plans; spouse, domestic partner and dependent fee-waiver; access to campus child-care; and a defined-benefit retirement through the state system along with optional tax sheltering opportunities. For a detailed description of benefits, please visit https://hr.fullerton.edu/total-wellness/
A complete on-line application must be received by electronic submission to be considered. To apply, please visit http://hr.fullerton.edu/careers/Faculty.php to apply for requisition # 487847, and provide the following required materials:
- Cover letter in which you respond to the required and preferred qualifications
- Curriculum vitae
- Research statement
- Teaching statement
- Transcripts from highest degree earned (Unofficial transcripts to be accepted during application process. Official transcripts required upon start of appointment if selected)
- Sample publication(s) and/or working paper(s), submitted as a single pdf
- Candidate Statement on Commitment to Inclusive Excellence:
- This statement provides the candidate's unique perspective on their past and present contributions to and future aspirations for promoting diversity, inclusion, and social justice in their professional careers. The purpose of the diversity statement is to help departments identify candidates who have professional experience, intellectual commitments, and/or willingness to engage in activities that could help CSUF contribute to its mission in these areas.
- A list of three references with relevant contact information
- On the references page of the online application, enter information for three referents who will provide a confidential letter of reference for your application. They will receive a request via email along with information on uploading the letter. You will be able to verify that each letter has been received by CSUF by logging back into the recruitment system.
Finalists will be asked to submit three letters of recommendation. Please have these ready for the referents to submit should you move forward to this phase of the search.
Please direct all questions about the position to: Dr. Weili Lu, Department Chair, Department of Finance at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (657) 278-2217.
Review of applications will begin on November 12, 2020 and will continue until the position has been filled. The anticipated appointment date is August 17, 2021.
The College and Department
College of Business & Economics is accredited by The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) at both the undergraduate and master's levels. There are about 300 faculty members and 9,500 students, including approximately 700 graduate students. Bachelors' degrees are offered in Business Administration with concentrations in Accounting, Economics, Entrepreneurship, Entertainment & Tourism, Finance, Management (Operations, General, and Human Resources), Information Systems/Decision Sciences, Marketing, and International Business, among others. Masters' degrees are in Business Administration, Economics, Management Science, Information Technology, Accounting, and Taxation. For more information about the College visit: http://business.fullerton.edu/
The Finance department is committed to diversity and fostering an inclusive environment within which students, staff, administrators and faculty thrive. Out of our currently enrolled students, the two largest groups are Hispanic and Asian. Out of our current faculty members, 20 are tenured and tenure-track faculty supplemented by multiple part-time and full-time adjunct faculty members. Tenure-track faculty members have published their research in journals such as the Journal of Finance, Journal of Financial Economics, Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Journal of Corporate Finance, Review of Finance, Financial Management, Journal of Banking and Finance, Real Estate Economics, and Journal of Risk and Insurance, among others. The department houses three active centers of excellence - Center for Real Estate, Titan Capital Management, and School of Risk Management and Insurance. These entities raise funds for extra-curricular student activities and provide opportunities for interaction with the local business community. The Department anticipates launching two new M.S. level degree programs in coming years. For more information about the department, please visit: http://business.fullerton.edu/Department/Finance.
The person holding this position is considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be formally offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose.
Notice of Non-Discrimination on the Basis of Gender or Sex and Contact Information for Title IX Coordinator (http://www.fullerton.edu/titleix/about/notice.php)
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled