Fiduciary Tax Accountant – Hybrid Remote
We are seeking a Fiduciary Tax Accountant in the Private Client Group of our wealth management firm. The candidate will use their interest in taxation to learn how to prepare fiduciary and nonprofit tax returns of varying complexity and to provide consultation.
This position offers work from home flexibility 2-3 days per week.
In this position you will:
- Be trained to prepare deliverables such as tax returns, estimated tax projections, and distribution calculations for trusts.
- Gain knowledge in trust administration matters.
- Be trained to prepare simple nonprofit tax returns.
- Utilize database logs to manage the production of deliverables on a timely basis.
- Be guided by your supervisor to set the scope and sequencing of your assignments.
- Increase technical skills through self-study, training classes, and on-hands training by an experienced supervisor.
- Begin to communicate directly with clients, colleagues, and other professional advisors to obtain the information necessary to prepare deliverables.
- Learn to conduct research on tax matters and make recommendations.
- Begin to participate in client meetings where appropriate.
- Develop skills to complete projects in a paperless environment.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have:
- A bachelor's degree in business administration, accounting, taxation, finance, or a related field.
- A desire to learn how to manage multiple projects effectively.
- Basic proficiency in using computer software such as Excel and Adobe Acrobat. Experience using tax return preparation software is a plus.
- Communication skills that promote collaboration with co-workers
- An inquisitive mind-set that motivates you to gain knowledge and increase skills.
- A desire to pursue team as well as individual achievements.
- Commitment to company values
- Previous experience preparing fiduciary or foundation income tax returns is not a requirement.
- A CPA, CFP, or related designation is not required for this position. Clearstead values such designations and provides financial assistance in obtaining them.
Clearstead is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from minorities and women.
We are an equal opportunity-employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The qualified candidate can expect:
A flat, bureaucracy-free organizational structure that fosters creative thinking and involvement at all levels of the organization
- The opportunity to join a growing employee-owned firm that offers professional growth in an industry that is both dynamic and intellectually challenging
- An opportunity to work with high-profile private clients and institutions across the country
- A competitive base salary with an incentive bonus program
- 401(k) Savings plan with company contributions
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Long-term disability insurances
- Generous paid time off program
We are Clearstead...an independent institutional and wealth advisory firm in Cleveland, Ohio.
We advise nearly 200 institutions and 900 private clients on more than $31.5 billion of assets. Our institutional clients include retirement funds, endowments and foundations, higher educational institutions, and healthcare organizations. Our private clients are families, individuals, and related entities.
There's a popular line at Clearstead, "There are no sharp elbows." There is a palpable sense of kindness and respect for one another; of doing what is right for clients and the firm. Our culture is collaborative and collegial and encourages sharing of information and ideas. This helps us attract and retain strong and motivated individuals.