Description: Want to join one of South Texas' premier child welfare agencies in restoring innocence and strengthening families? Family Tapestry, a Division of The Children's Shelter, is looking for you!
Since 1901, The Children's Shelter has provided a continuum of Trauma-Informed Care for Bexar County children with a history of prolonged abuse, abandonment and/or neglect. Family Tapestry was created in 2018 to weave together the community to transform the foster care experience in Bexar County. Our goal at Family Tapestry is to ensure each child is safe in care, achieves permanency, improves their overall well-being, experiences fewer moves and shorter stays in care, and increases family engagement, which leads to better outcomes, trusting relationships, and meaningful connections. It takes one person to change the life of a child. Will you be part of our tapestry to fulfill our mission?
The Contract Accountant provides a supporting role assisting the Director of Accounting with accounting, administrative responsibilities, and Accounts Payable (A/P), and/or Accounts Receivable (A/R) functions. A/P responsibilities will include reviewing, coding as well as paying vendors/providers on a weekly basis based on contract requirements. A/R duties will include billing based on contract requirements, tracking payments received, preparing deposits, preparing general ledger entries, and reconciliation of related accounts. Contract Accountant will also be responsible for supporting the senior leadership.
Contract Accountant Responsibilities Include:
• Prepares and submits reports in compliance with governmental requirements.
• Review, Code, Input invoices into accounting system
• Process provider payments in an accurate and timely manner based on provider agency contract requirements
• Process billing invoices based on government contract requirements
• Conduct research and prepare reconciliation of reporting discrepancies between Family Tapestry, DFPS, and provider agencies.
• Respond to DFPS and provider agency inquiries and reporting requests.
• Research and communicate to Accounting Director issues regarding aged accounts receivable.
• Prepare all deposits and related general ledger entries
• Pull G/L detail for Director of Accounting or other authorized Family Tapestry staff as required
• Monthly reconciliation of assigned Balance Sheet Accounts and contract disbursements or receipts
• Month-End Close assistance as assigned
• Assist with annual financial audit as required
• Reconcile bank accounts and perform A.C.H transfers
• Assist in preparation of audit schedules & research
• Pay Weekly invoices and distribute checks
. Requirements: Contract Accountant Requirements Include:
• Associate's Degree in Accounting or related field
• Previous experience in Accounts Payable, Grant administration and knowledge of General Ledger Accounting required
• Experience in computerized accounting processes