Business Development Manager, National Accounts
SUMMARY: Works collaboratively with key internal leaders as well as external (National Account Contacts) contacts to identify, assess, and secure high potential new business within assigned National Accounts that complements the company's current and emerging capabilities. Works with internal teams to develop and deliver proposals, participates in implementation, as well as cultivates the account to ensure long-term strategic partnerships with hiring managers and above.
Job Results & Key Activities
Business Opportunities that Ensure Year-Over-Year Growth
A. Develops a comprehensive business development plan that identifies and prioritizes the most attractive opportunities to leverage current and emerging company capabilities in various markets and industries.
B. Drives new and direct business with hiring managers within national clients leading to significantly growth in revenue through direct consultative selling efforts with a focus on selling integrated product solutions to senior-level leaders.
C. Works with the National Account Manager to map the account coupled with projects and client initiatives.
D. Achieve and exceed monthly and quarterly objectives and financial objectives.
Proposals and Contracts that Meet Organizational Financial Objectives
A. Responds to requests for proposals (RFPs within assigned clients) - This work will be done with that National Account Manager.
B. Working with hiring managers to get direct business (job orders) to grow and accelerate the National Account
High Value Relationships that Facilitate Achievement of Enterprise Goals
A. Establishes strong working relationships with internal stakeholders and key customers (hiring managers, Directors, VPs etc.) to gain direct job orders. Working with internal teams to ensure job orders are filled by the recruitment team.
B. Strategizes and attends meetings with the National Account Manager of the account to create a clear and concise map of the account and traction.
C. Maintains and records all activities within the system and the account plan.
D. Continually measures success against MBO plan.
E. Attends in person meetings, happy hours, dinners, client events outside of office hours.
F. Monitor and maintain spending within the limits given by management.
Meaningful Contributions to Business Planning & Execution
A. Participates in developing and implementing a business plan that supports the organization's vision and goals; translates the strategic plan to staff to ensure support; and modifies the plan in response to changing internal and external factors.
B. Participates with leadership team members in determining strategies to meet or exceed revenue, profit, and cash flow commitments to the company.
C. Actively contributes to identifying and pursuing opportunities for new value creation.
Client Service Delivery Objectives Achieved
A. Monitors service delivery to ensure the needs of the client are being met.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of one year of professional work experience in B2B sales, sales in professional service, sales to HR and team leaders, business development in professional services and client relationship management.
- Exceptional relationship management skills and the ability to build and grow connections with people of all types and backgrounds
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to develop strong interpersonal relationships
- Responsible self-starter, highly motivated to succeed
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Independent critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills
- Comfortable and confident using technology as an integral part of the sales process
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to keep multiple projects and client engagements active at once
- Comfort with ambiguity and ability to navigate uncertainty
- Style alignment with a strengths-oriented team environment and the ability to naturally elevate others
- Adaptable and willing to travel to worksites around the United States
This job description is a summary of the job duties and requirements that represent the general nature and level of work being performed. This description is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of management to assign, direct and control the work of employees. In addition to the above, all employees are expected to read, understand, and comply with company policies and procedures, regulatory expectations, quality and department standards, etc.