Auxiliary Accounting Manager (528402)
Working Title: Auxiliary Accounting Manager
Classification Title: Administrator I
Priority Application Deadline: Sunday, June 25th @ 11:55pm PST (Posting will remain open until filled)
The Auxiliary Accounting Manager (Administrator I) reports directly to the Senior Director of Accounting Services, and under general direction is responsible for managing the day-to-day accounting operations and the month-end/year-end financial processes and reporting of the University Foundation at Sacramento State (UFSS), an auxiliary organization of CSU, Sacramento (University).
The Auxiliary Accounting Manager provides oversight, training and management to staff that perform a full range of professional accounting work for UFSS and the University. This position is responsible for administering policies and managing processes for timely and appropriate accounting and financial reporting, ensuring that deadlines are met, improving processes and recommending policy changes. This position responds to requests for financial information and reporting from other University areas and various external entities.
This position requires the application of theories, principles, and practices of the accounting profession. Incumbent must have the ability to analyze and resolve complex transactions from various systems and processes and independently complete complex accounting reconciliations. Incumbent will ensure that assigned accounting program activities are carried out in accordance with established policy and procedures and generally accepted accounting standards.
FLSA: Exempt (not eligible for overtime compensation)
Anticipated Hiring Range: $5,500- $7,300 per month commensurate with candidate's education, experience, skills, and training
CSU Classification Salary Range: $3,750 - $11,146 per month
Best-in-class Benefits: Click here to learn more
CSU Total Compensation: Click here to learn more
Recruitment Type: Regular
Time Base: Full-Time
Pay Plan: 12 months
Work Hours: M-F, 8 am - 5 pm, additional hours as required
Accounting Services is responsible for Sacramento State's financial record keeping, ensuring that the University operates in compliance with standard accounting and regulatory practices.
The staff processes comprehensive, accurate and timely financial information for reporting and management decision making, and conducts financial transactions such as expenditure transfers, chargebacks, cost recovery and assignment of General Ledger chart strings.
For more information please visit our website: https://www.csus.edu/administration-business-affairs/financial-services/accounting-services/
1. Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university, in Accounting, Finance, Public Administration, or a closely related field.
2. A minimum of five years of progressive work experience in the fields of Accounting or Finance including experience leading or taking a significant role in producing financial statements and supporting documents.
3. Experience working with external auditors and resolving any identified audit findings.
4. Advanced experience using computerized financial systems, complex spreadsheets, databases, and query tools.
5. Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles related to day-to-day accounting activities and preparation of financial statements (e.g. for a governmental entity including not-for-profit entities).
6. Ability to interpret and apply Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB), Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB), Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Federal, State, California State University (CSU), and other applicable rules, regulations, principles and policies.
7. Advanced skill using standard office software packages (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite)
8. Advanced skill using standard office equipment.
9. Ability to work independently, be self-motivated and highly productive.
10. Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
11. Excellent organizational and time-management skills with the ability to adjust priorities as needed to meet changing and overlapping deadlines.
12. Strong leadership skills with the ability to provide oversight, training and guidance to others.
13. Strong communication skills.
14. Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships within a diverse environment.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
• Ability to pass background check
15. Advance certification/degree such as Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Management Accountant (CMA) or Master of Business Administration (MBA).
16. Experience working at Sacramento State, the California State University system or in higher education.
17. Experience working with PeopleSoft/Oracle Financial Systems.
Documents Needed to Apply
Resume and Optional Cover Letter
Failure to upload these documents to the online application may result in disqualification.
About Sac State
Sacramento State is located in the heart of California's capital city, five miles from State Capitol. The lush, 300-acre campus is situated along the American River, close to numerous bike trails and other recreational areas. Sacramento, also known as the "Farm-to-Fork Capital," is one of the most ethnically diverse and livable cities in the country, with a population of half of a million. Sacramento State's 31,000 students come not only from the Greater Sacramento Region, but also from across the state, country, and world. Our 1800 faculty and 1,500 staff are committed to meeting our mission: " As California's capital university, we transform lives by preparing students for leadership, service, and success. Sacramento State will be a recognized leader in education, innovation, and engagement. " As the regional hub of higher education, Sac State is dedicated to student success , diversity, equity and inclusion , community engagement , philanthropy , and campus safety .
As evidenced by the values embedded in our Hornet Honor Code , Sacramento State is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all faculty, staff, students, and guests are welcome and valued. Our commitment is more than simply ensuring that our campus is free from bias and discrimination, but is one devoted to celebrating many diverse identities, life experiences, and perspectives that enrich our community, teaching and learning.
To learn more about why you should join the Hornet Family, please visit the Why Sac State ? page.
Background Check Disclaimer
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with California State University, Sacramento. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current California State University, Sacramento employees who apply for the position. One variation of background check required could be a LiveScan screening, which involves submitting fingerprints at a certified LiveScan Service Center.
COVID-19 Vaccine Certification Information:
Per the CSU COVID-19 Vaccination Policy , it is strongly recommended that all California State University, Sacramento employees who are accessing office and campus facilities follow COVID-19 vaccine recommendations adopted by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) applicable to their age, medical condition, and other relevant indications.
Out of State Employment Policy
Sacramento State University, as part of the CSU system, is a State of California Employer. As such, the University requires all employees (up)on date of hire to reside in the State of California.
As of January 1, 2022 the CSU Out-of-State Employment Policy prohibits the hiring of employees to perform CSU-related work outside the state of California.
Equal Employment Opportunity
California State University, Sacramento is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability. Sacramento State hires only those individuals who are lawfully authorized to accept employment in the United States.
It is the policy of California State University, Sacramento to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. If you need a disability related reasonable accommodation as part of the application and/or interviewing process, visit https://www.csus.edu/administration-business-affairs/human-resources/benefits/reasonable-accomodation.html
The University is committed to creating an education and working environment free from discrimination, sexual harassment, sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. For more information on mandatory training for new employees, visit https://www.csus.edu/administration-business-affairs/human-resources/learning-development/csu-learn.html .
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act and Campus Fire Safety Right-To-know Act Notification:
Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the current Annual Security Report (ASR) is available for viewing at https://www.csus.edu/clery .
The ASR contains the current security and safety-related policy statements, emergency preparedness and evacuation information, crime prevention and sexual assault prevention information, and drug and alcohol prevention programming. The ASR also contains statistics of Clery Act crimes for Sacramento State for the last three (3) calendar years. Paper copies are available upon request at the Police Service Center located in the University Union.
Selected candidate must furnish proof of eligibility to work in the United States. California State University, Sacramento is not a sponsoring agency for staff and management positions (i.e. H-1-B Visa).
Note to Applicants:
Possession of the minimum qualifications does not guarantee an interview unless required by collective bargaining agreement.
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled