Assistant Professor in the School of Accountancy (528910)
School of Accountancy
College of Business
Assistant Professor of Accounting
The School of Accountancy at California State University, Fullerton, invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor position in Accounting with an appointment to begin Fall 2024.
California State University, Fullerton (CSUF) is a minority-serving institution, affirmative action, and equal opportunity employer. CSUF is firmly committed to increasing the diversity of the campus community and the curriculum and fostering an inclusive environment within which students, staff, administrators, and faculty thrive. Candidates who can contribute to this goal through their teaching, research, advising and other activities are encouraged to identify their strengths and experiences. Individuals advancing the University's strategic diversity goals and those from groups whose underrepresentation in the American professoriate has been severe and longstanding are particularly encouraged to apply.
CSUF is committed to retaining all faculty and has established affinity groups you can join to support your success.
We are seeking applicants with expertise in Financial, Managerial, Audit, or Data Analytics/Accounting Information Systems. Faculty members primarily teach undergraduate and graduate students, research, scholarship and/or creative activity, and service to the University, College, Department, profession, and community. They are expected to advise students, participate in campus or system-wide committees, maintain office hours, work collaboratively and productively with colleagues, and participate in other academic activities. Positive tenure and promotion decisions require excellent teaching, substantial service, and ongoing commitment to peer-reviewed research and scholarly activities.
- Ph.D. in accounting, information systems, or a related field (by the time of appointment),
- Demonstrated experience in accounting, such as teaching, research, and working in industry,
- Demonstrated potential for scholarly accomplishments,
- Demonstrated commitment to and/or excellence in teaching,
- Demonstrated potential for effective integration of technology into instruction, and
- Ability and commitment to communicate and work effectively with students, staff, and faculty in a culturally diverse environment.
- Accounting certificate such as CPA, CMA, and CA, and
- Industry experience
A complete online application must be received by electronic submission to be considered. To apply, please visit http://hr.fullerton.edu/careers/Faculty.php , choose full-time faculty, search for the position of Assistant Professor in Accounting Requisition #528910, and provide the following required materials:
- Cover letter in which you respond to the required qualifications,
- Curriculum vitae,
- Research statement,
- Exemplary publications, if applicable (in a single PDF file),
- Teaching statement (include, if applicable, examples of how you used technology such as spreadsheets, databases, and programming languages, among others in your teaching),
- Unofficial Ph.D. transcript,
- Candidate statement on commitment to inclusive excellence:
- This statement provides the candidate's unique perspective on their past and present contributions to and future aspirations for promoting diversity, inclusion, and social justice in their professional careers. This statement aims to help the department identify candidates with professional experience, intellectual commitments, and/or willingness to engage in activities that could help CSUF contribute to its mission in these areas. The statement shall address one or more of the following criteria:
- The candidate has acquired knowledge of barriers for underrepresented students and faculty in higher education.
- The candidate has experience in and is committed to serving underrepresented populations in higher education.
- The candidate has experience in and is committed to teaching and/or mentoring underrepresented students in a higher education environment.
- The candidate has experience integrating underrepresented populations and communities into scholarly and creative activities.
A list of three references with relevant contact information.
- On the references page of the online application, enter information for three referents who will provide a confidential letter of reference for your application. They will receive a request via email along with information on uploading the letter at the appropriate step in the search process. Candidates can verify that each letter has been received by CSUF by logging back into the recruitment system.
Finalists will be asked to have each of their three referents submit a letter of recommendation. Please have these ready for the referents to submit should you move forward to this search phase.
Please direct all questions about the position to: Richard Lu at firstname.lastname@example.org
Review of applications will begin on August 31, 2023, and continue until the positions are filled.
Additional information about the position and School of Accountancy will be provided by our representative at the annual meeting. Please contact Richard Lu at email@example.com if you are interested in meeting with our representative at the annual meeting.
The College and Department
The College of Business and Economics (CBE) is accredited by The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) at both the undergraduate and master's levels. With about 10,000 students enrolled, the CBE leads business education on the West Coast as one of the five largest business colleges in the U.S. and the largest in California. For more information about the College visit: http://business.fullerton.edu/.
The School of Accounting is separately accredited by AACSB and offers both undergraduate and Master's programs. The School strives to further CSUF's identity as an institution that welcomes and embraces diversity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate through their teaching, research or service that they can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our community. For more detailed information about the School, please visit our website at: http://business.fullerton.edu/accounting/
Multiple positions may be hired from this recruitment based on the strength of the applicant pool.
The Assistant Professor (Academic Year) classification salary range is $5,405 to $11,994 monthly (12 monthly payments per academic year). The anticipated hiring range is $10,713 to $10,936 per month.
Salary offered is commensurate with experience and qualifications. In addition, the California Equal Pay Act prohibits employers from paying its employees less than those of the opposite sex and/or another race or ethnicity for substantially similar work ( https://www.dir.ca.gov/dlse/california_equal_pay_act.htm ).
Summer research grants, moving expenses, start-up funds, and a reduced teaching load may be available.
An excellent comprehensive benefits package includes health/vision/dental plans; spouse, domestic partner, and dependent fee-waiver; access to campus child-care; and a defined-benefit retirement through the state system and optional tax sheltering opportunities. For a detailed description of benefits, please visit https://hr.fullerton.edu/total-wellness/ .
The person holding this position is considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and must comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083, revised July 21, 2017, as a condition of employment.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be formally offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or the continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose.
Notice of Non-Discrimination based on Gender or Sex and Contact Information for Title IX Coordinator (http://www.fullerton.edu/titleix/about/notice.php) .
In accordance with the California State University (CSU) Out-of-State Employment Policy, the CSU is a state entity whose business operations reside within the State of California. It requires hiring employees to perform CSU-related work within the State of California.
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled