Accounts Payable Manager
Port of Corpus Christi Authority
Salary: $74,588.80 - $123,073.60 Annually
Job Type: Full-time
Job Number: 2023-00287
Closing: 5/28/2023 11:59 PM Central
Location: Corpus Christi, TX
Hiring Range: $74,588.80 - $103,771.20/Year D.O.Q.
Under the general supervision of the Director of Accounting, this position is responsible for strategically leading the Accounts Payable team through the day-to-day operations and driving the automation and streamlining of the Accounts Payable functions. The Accounts Payable Manager is responsible for ensuring the efficient and accurate processing of vendor invoices and payments, maintenance of accurate records, and hiring, training, and management of the Accounts Payable team.
- Manage Accounts Payable department to include day-to-day execution of accounts payable, disbursements, and vendor master functions.
- Responsible for accurate, timely and complete processing of all Accounts Payable transactions; manage invoice approvals and coding, ensure workflow routings are appropriate and accelerated as needed; address any Accounts Payable aging and unapproved invoices.
- Responsible for accurate and timely processing of vendor payments; oversee all payment transactions including ACH, paper checks and wire transfers.
- Manage vendor master files and records.
- Manage Accounts Payable staff by providing on-going coaching including evaluation of and identification of training opportunities for staff members to enhance their performance, development, and work productivity; address performance issues and makes recommendations for personnel actions, including hiring, promotions and terminations.
- Develop, implement, maintain and document systems, procedures, and policies, surrounding account payable functions, to ensure adherence to PCCA policies and procedures.
- Manage proper internal control processes within assigned areas of responsibility; actively identify any gaps and/or new controls required and take action to remediate any deficiencies.
- Lead in the automation and streamlining of the Accounts Payable functions; recommend, develop, and implement process improvement initiatives to continually improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the department; develop and monitor key performance indicators and metrics, create progress reports, and establish productivity benchmarks.
- Manage monthly closing of Accounts Payable, ensuring accuracy and timeliness of posting to the general ledger; participate in month-end and year-end close activities, including (but not limited to) preparation of accounts payable journal entries, account reconciliations, and auditor requested items.
- Responsible for the preparation and timely filing of annual Forms 1099 and other Accounts Payable compliance reporting requirements.
- Maintain effective relationships with business partners and vendors through timely and accurate payment and response to inquiries.
- Support Director of Accounting on various projects, initiatives, and ad-hoc requests, as needed.
- Collaborate with the Procurement department to maintain federal/state purchasing compliance.
- Adheres to PCCA policy and ensures supervised staff does same.
- Tier 2 status designation.
The preferred candidate for this position should be a team-oriented individual with strong leadership and communication skills and the ability to work with others in a professional capacity. Have advanced analytical skills with the ability to utilize good professional judgment and problem-solving skills. They must possess the following:
EDUCATION & CREDENTIALS
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field preferred.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) during course of employment.
- Valid driver's license.
EXPERIENCE & JOB KNOWLEDGE
- Seven to ten years of progressive experience processing and managing Accounts Payable functions in a high-volume, electronic processing environment.
- Minimum five years of supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of accounting principles, and in-depth knowledge of Accounts Payable policies and procedures.
- Experience managing vendor master files and in-depth knowledge of 1099 IRS reporting requirements.
- Working knowledge or ability to rapidly assimilate Federal, State, and Port regulations, legislation, guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Experience with Oracle JD Edwards Enterprise One or other large ERP system valued.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to coach, mentor, and develop others and motivate teams to produce quality work within tight timeframes.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Team player with ability to build effective working relationships throughout the organization.
- Ability to manage a fast-paced, dynamic environment, strong sense of time management.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, along with the ability to manage multiple tasks and competing demands.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Ability to perform essential job functions, including but not limited to frequent standing, walking, sitting, speaking or hearing, typing and occasional reaching, stooping, kneeling, lifting and/or moving up to 20 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation
- Ability to work in a general office environment, and on a work site with exposure to adverse weather conditions, fumes and /or air particulates, working in high precarious places, risk of electrical shock and moving mechanical parts, moderate noise levels and working at heights, ability to wear personnel protective equipment, including hard hat, steel toed footwear, eye and hearing protection when performing work functions
- Communicating verbally, in writing and over devices such as phones and mobile phones
- Ability to operate mechanical and electrical equipment and light-weight highway vehicles and standard office equipment and to work the requisite hours to fulfill position objectives, including evenings and/or weekends, as needed
Interested and qualified candidates must apply online at www.portofcc.com on or before May 28th, 2023, 11:59 PM CST.
If you are selected for a position with PCCA, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a drug test and alcohol screening as well as a verification of information and qualifications and undergo a complete background investigation during the selection process.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, PCCA is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, color, gender, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, military status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other protected group status.
Our employees enjoy a fabulous benefits package including:
- Competitive salary paid bi-weekly
- Texas County & District Retirement System (TCDRS)
- 457 deferred compensation plans
- Flexible Spending Account
- Low-cost, high quality benefit package including health, dental & vision plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Passes to local venues, such as the Texas State Aquarium and the USS Lexington Museum
- Paid leave (vacation/sick/bereavement)
- Thirteen paid holidays
- Volunteer Time Off, Wellness Program & Health Club benefit
- Salary commensurate with experience
Click here to view more information about benefits