CCI Health & Wellness Services is a group practice, empowering patients to partner with staff for an unparalleled healthcare experience. Through integrated teams in a learning environment, we deliver high quality, affordable, care to every patient during all stages of life.
The Staff Accountant - AP (Accounts Payable) handles the financial processing of transactions of CCI and oversees and participates in all accounting activities related to areas of responsibility. The Staff Accountant - AP provides both administrative and financial support in a corporate environment by processing accounts payable transactions and preparing monthly general ledger accounts reconciliations. In addition, an accounts payable specialist works with Finance management staff in the assessment and implementation of systemic business process improvements that promote greater efficiency and enhance internal controls.
As a member of the health center's finance team, an Accounts Payable Specialist will fulfill the following KEY FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES towards the financial development and stability of CCI:
Has primary responsibility for, manages and owns the accounts payable process:
- Collects and verify invoices, bills, and checks by performing pre-audits to ensure both accuracy and appropriateness prior to payment, paying particular attention to the accounts, departments, programs and grants being charged as well as looking for inappropriate fluctuations in invoices between months (e.g., per unit price changes, inappropriate late charges, miscellaneous fees).
- Prepares bi-weekly invoice recommendations for payment to controller and CFO, and cash needs to support payments.
- Corresponds with vendors, maintains updated vendor profiles, and processes vendor checks. Issues checks for accounts payable.
- Maintains and monitors the listing of accounts payable and receivable.
- Develops and maintains a filing system for financial information, files, and records. Prepares labels and maintains files as needed within the department.
- Ensures the ready availability of financial documentation.
- Tracks expenses, processes expense reports, and prepares analyses of accounts
- Actively monitors vendor accounts to ensure payments are up to date.
- Researches and resolves invoice discrepancies and issues. Corresponds with vendors and responds to inquiries. Reconciles vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies.
- Maintains and monitors the listing of accounts payable by verifying and posting account transactions and maintains the accounts payable aging report.
- Prepares accounts payable related schedules at the time of financial audit.
- Records and analyzes cash receipts in Intact/Sage accounting system, maintaining system to allow retrieval of records in an efficient manner.
- Codes and records all credit card activities in Intacct/Sage system in a monthly basis
- Reconciles assigned general ledger accounts every month based on the finance monthly closing schedule
- Prepares and mails Form 1099 to the vendors and Form 1096 to IRS at the end of each calendar year
- Perform a variety of complex accounting activities that will assist in the maintenance of accounting operations
- Assist with other departmental/corporate projects as needed.
- Communicates with the Department and Site Managers and assists in addressing accounts payable issues.
- Perform such other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks as may be required from time to time - sometimes on short notice - by Controller, Financial Grants Manager or CFO.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provides support during monthly closing cycle as required.
- Completes projects within the specified deadlines.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Maintains confidentiality of patients, employees and corporate financial records.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance is required. Degree(s) must be from an accredited college or university.
- A minimum of two years relevant accounting experience required; Healthcare, not-for-profit experience and experience with Intacct are a plus.
- Must be proficient in spreadsheet software, specifically Excel.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, with ability to clearly communicate technical issues to all levels of management.