Accounts Grant Senior Analyst (Senior Analyst)
Full-time position available with Finance Department, Accounts Division located at 414 E. 12th St.
Salary Range: $5,794-$8,833/month
Normal Work Days/Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. *Episodic telework available
Application Deadline Date: November 20, 2023
- Provides guidance and assistance to City Departments on grants in the areas of administration, financials, and compliance.
- Provides extra grant staff support to departments when needed.
- Process timely grant billings for assigned grants and contracts.
- Reconciles grant project accounts and prepares journal vouchers, as needed.
- Reviews and tests departmental grant expenditures for grant eligibility and compliance.
- Monitors and tracks grant reimbursement requests for grant compliance, timeliness, and completion.
- Creates and maintains a master list of grants that tracks general and financial information for all City managed grants.
- Works with other grant staff to assist department with understanding their grant reporting and compliance requirement.
- Conducts training on reporting and compliance, as need.
- Conducts the semi-annual Grants Roundtable meetings.
- Assists with the fiscal year end process of re-estimating and re-appropriating of grant funds
- Assist Grants Coordinator with the development of the City's annual Schedule of Expenditure of Federal Award (SEFA).
- Assists with the annual Single Audit by completing General Single Audit Planning requests from the external auditors.
- Updates the City's Grant Policy and Procedures Manual along with other grants staff, as needed.
- Provides training on grant related topics to educate and update City staff who work with those modules.
- Collaborates with other grant staff on the creation of a Grants 101 training course.
- Assists with the training on City staff in the Grants 101 classes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRES an accredited Master's degree in public or business administration, urban or regional planning, economics, organizational/development psychology, project management/or geography and 3 (OR an accredited Bachelor's degree and 5) years of professional experience in corporate/municipal finance, research, accounting planning, project/program management, or geographical information systems analytics.
URGENT!!! CRITICAL RECRUITMENT INFORMATION
QUESTIONS REGARDING AVIATION POSITIONS SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO THE AVIATION DEPARTMENT AT 816-243-3010.
Applications and/or resumes are evaluated on the information received by the application deadline. Please ensure that your application or resume clearly demonstrates how you meet the minimum qualifications for the position for which you are applying, this includes providing all relevant educational dates and a detailed description of relevant work experience, including months/years of employment. Applications and/or resumes may not be considered if information is incomplete.
In order for a resume to be used in lieu of an application the resume must have been submitted online via the City's Applicant Tracking System.
Positions requiring a high school diploma/GED certificate must be obtained from a school/program accredited by the Department of Education and recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education.
The minimum education requirement for positions that allow for experience equivalency for an accredited degree is a high school diploma. Unless otherwise specified, an accredited degree must be obtained from a college or university listed with the U.S. Department of Education and recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education.
For positions with a salary grade of EX6 or higher that require an accredited degree, qualifying professional experience must be obtained AFTER the accredited degree is obtained.
Successful completion of a pre-employment criminal history/background check is required for all positions. Some positions require a post offer drug screen and/or physical.
If appointed, non-residents must obtain residency inside Kansas City, Missouri's city limits within nine months.
The City of KCMO is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion in the workplace. The City is committed to providing a workplace environment for its employees and citizens free from discrimination based on race, color, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, religion, age, disability, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity. For more information, please see our EEO Policy
The City of KCMO is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 816-513-1908 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org .
If claiming military veterans' preference points, you must attach a copy of your DD-214 or a DD-256 (for reservists). To claim veterans' points you must have served 180 days of regular active duty service and be discharged or released under honorable conditions during peacetimes or 90 days of active duty service, one (1) day during "wartime" and a last discharge or release under honorable conditions. (DOD) 38 U.S. Code • 4211).