Accounts Grant Analyst (Analyst)
Full-time position available with the Finance Department, in the Accounts Division, located at 414 E 12th Street
Salary Range: $4,619-$6,928/month
Normal Work Days/Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Application Deadline Date: November 20, 2023
• Assists the Grants Management Senior Analyst with internal site visits to ensure departments are meeting grant financial and compliance requirements.
• Assists with maintaining the master grant file that tracks general and financial information for all City managed grants.
• Reviews and submits financial and performance reports for assigned grants for compliance purposes
• Serves as a backup to process purchase order encumbrances for City contracts
• Serves as a backup PeopleSoft Module Lead for the Project Costing modules and helps the Grants team with grant module issues
• Serves as a backup administrator for the City's travel program. Provides training sessions on
TravelKC, the City's travel software and Concur, the City's travel booking software.
• Provides assistance with annual Single Audit.
• Assists Finance training staff with the development of the Grants 101 classes and materials.
• Conducts and/or assists with the training classes from the Grants 101 class schedule and with PeopleSoft module training.
• Assists with documenting processes and creating/maintaining manuals for the Grants section.
• Performs other duties as assigned
REQUIRES an accredited Master's degree in public or business administration, urban or regional planning, economics, organizational psychology/development, project management, or geography; OR an accredited Bachelor's degree and 1 year of professional experience in public or business administration, corporate/municipal finance, research, accounting, planning, project/program management or geographical information system analytics.
URGENT!!! CRITICAL RECRUITMENT INFORMATION
QUESTIONS REGARDING AVIATION POSITIONS SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO THE AVIATION DEPARTMENT AT 816-243-3010.
Applications and/or resumes are evaluated on the information received by the application deadline. Please ensure that your application or resume clearly demonstrates how you meet the minimum qualifications for the position for which you are applying, this includes providing all relevant educational dates and a detailed description of relevant work experience, including months/years of employment. Applications and/or resumes may not be considered if information is incomplete.
In order for a resume to be used in lieu of an application the resume must have been submitted online via the City's Applicant Tracking System.
Positions requiring a high school diploma/GED certificate must be obtained from a school/program accredited by the Department of Education and recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education.
The minimum education requirement for positions that allow for experience equivalency for an accredited degree is a high school diploma. Unless otherwise specified, an accredited degree must be obtained from a college or university listed with the U.S. Department of Education and recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education.
For positions with a salary grade of EX6 or higher that require an accredited degree, qualifying professional experience must be obtained AFTER the accredited degree is obtained.
Successful completion of a pre-employment criminal history/background check is required for all positions. Some positions require a post offer drug screen and/or physical.
If appointed, non-residents must obtain residency inside Kansas City, Missouri's city limits within nine months.
The City of KCMO is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion in the workplace. The City is committed to providing a workplace environment for its employees and citizens free from discrimination based on race, color, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, religion, age, disability, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity. For more information, please see our EEO Policy
The City of KCMO is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 816-513-1908 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org .
If claiming military veterans' preference points, you must attach a copy of your DD-214 or a DD-256 (for reservists). To claim veterans' points you must have served 180 days of regular active duty service and be discharged or released under honorable conditions during peacetimes or 90 days of active duty service, one (1) day during "wartime" and a last discharge or release under honorable conditions. (DOD) 38 U.S. Code • 4211).