Accounting Technician – Temporary Part-Time
Definition and Class Characteristics
INTERVIEWS WILL BE HELD THE WEEK OF JUNE 5TH.
Are you ready to be part of a dynamic finance and collections team? Consider working as a part-time, Temporary Accounting Technician for in the Nevada County Information and General Services Office!
We are seeking qualified applicants to fill this position. This is an experienced level position in which individuals perform a variety of technical accounting duties in support of the County collections operations. In this role you would be responsible for vital activities that include but are not limited to:
- Receive, review, verify and process daily parking citations
- Monitor performance of vendor contract and payment associated to, code compliance, citations, victim restitution, medical costs associated with an arrest, non-sufficient funds checks
- Handle account disputes and facilitate communication between customers, collection agencies and County departments
- Perform technical financial record keeping for collections operations. Prepare records and reconcile transactions, reconcile insufficient funds and returns, prepare other accounting documents
- Apply and implement County policies, State and Federal laws and regulations
- Work with multiple software platforms. Compile and analyze data using Microsoft Excel.
An accounting technician is an integral part of collections for Nevada County whose mission is to fulfill the duties and responsibilities set forth by law while providing responsive, courteous, consistent and efficient service equitable to our community. This position is crafted for experienced individuals who have graduated from high school plus courses in accounting or financial record-keeping, from an accredited college or university. Four years of progressively responsible experience in sophisticated financial or statistical record-keeping is also needed. Furthermore, individuals are required to have at least two years experience at the level equivalent to Nevada County's classification of Senior Accounting Assistant.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided with reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
To review the job specification, please click here .
This summary of benefits is not a binding document and is provided as a courtesy. Refer to specific summaries and agreements (MOUs) for specific benefit information.
Temporary County employees shall accrue at the rate of one (1) hour of sick leave for each thirty (30) hours worked. Temporary County employees can accrue a maximum of 48 hours of sick leave per fiscal year.
Temporary employees whose assignments average 30 hours per week or more are eligible to enroll in County-sponsored medical benefits.
NEVADA COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Any information on this page or links is subject to change without notice. Nevada County Human Resources Department
950 Maidu Avenue, Nevada City, CA 95959 (530) 265-7010
Comments, please email:email@example.com
Closing Date/Time: 5/30/2023 7:00 PM Pacific