City of Hesperia
($4,851- $5,913 per month)
*$5,142 - $6,268 effective July 1, 2023*
FINAL FILING DATE: WEDNESDAY, MAY 31, 2023 AT 5:30 P.M.
The City of Hesperia is happy to announce the opportunity to join our Administrative Services team as an Accounting Technician!
Duties: The Accounting Technician is a Non-Represented position and will be responsible for maintaining the payroll and related accounts payable systems and reporting information for the City and subsidiary districts. In addition, this position maintains financial or statistical records in the accounts payable, revenue and payroll accounting systems and assists with the budget and labor negotiations salary and benefit data analysis and reconciliations; performs related duties as required.
Qualifications: Three (3) years of related experience in accounting, financial and statistical record keeping, payroll and/or accounts payable and a High School diploma or GED.
License/Certificate: Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid class "C" California driver's license
Please visit the Employment page at www.cityofhesperia.us/660/Job-Classifications to view full job description and expanded list of qualifications
• Prior Public Service-CalPERS Formula 2.7% @ 55 (Employee contributes 8% (employee cost) and 1% (cost sharing) of annual salary)
• CalPERS Pension Reform Formula 2% @ 62 (Employee contributes 6.75% (normal cost) of annual salary)
• Health Benefits - up to $1,450 per month toward medical, dental and vision insurance($1,550 effective July 1, 2023)
• City paid
• Employee Only Premium for Dental Insurance
• Employee Only Premium for Vision Insurance
• Life Insurance (one times annual salary)
• Short Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance participation required
• Vacation (80 hours accrued during first year)
• 12 paid holidays
• Sick leave (96 hours per year)
• 401 (a) Deferred Compensation Plan (1% of salary - City paid)
• 457 (b) Deferred Compensation Program available
• IRS 125 Plan Flexible Spending Accounts available
• Employee Assistance Program available
• Tuition Reimbursement Program (Up to $3,000 a fiscal year available for eligible employees; $4,000 per fiscal year for employees with five consecutive years of employment)
• 4/10, 9/80 and Adjusted Workweek Schedules Available
• The City does not participate in the Social Security program, except for the mandatory 1.45% Medicare Contribution
To Apply: Interested applicants are required to submit a completed City application using the online employment application system. This application can be accessed from the City's website at www.cityofhesperia.us. All applications will be screened and only those candidates who best match the needs of the City will be invited to compete further in the selection process.