Accounting Specialist – Capital Delivery
Pay Range: $21.38 - $26.72/hr.
Job Posting Closing on: Tuesday, September 12, 2023
Benefits for this position include: 11 Paid Holidays, Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Pension Plan, Professional Development Opportunities, and much more.
The City of Fort Worth is one of the fastest growing large cities in the U.S. Our employees serve the needs of nearly 1,000,000 residents, promoting our values of exceptional customer experience, mutual respect, embracing our diversity, continuous improvement, ethical behavior, and accountability.
An Accounting Specialist - Capital Delivery job is available with the City of Fort Worth Transportation and Public Works Department to provide fiscal support to the Capital Delivery Project team. This position will support capital project and asset accounting; as well as various subsystems to provide a high level of accuracy, exceptional reporting support to the project delivery team and timely processing of construction and engineering invoices. It is imperative that the Accounting Specialist be a strategic thinker and able to logically resolve complex reconciliations.
The Accounting Specialist - Capital Delivery responsibilities include:
- Perform a wide variety of complex fiscal activities including account analysis, budget monitoring, contract reconciliations, and other project coordination duties.
- Exceptional customer focus and teamwork with the ability to adapt to ever changing daily priorities and maintain high level of accuracy.
- Create journal entries, budget transfers, review and process technical documents, and will interact with other departments.
- Evaluate current processes for improvement and efficiency recommendations.
- Review and interpret financial statements to include budget monitoring.
- Detailed oriented and highly organized; demonstrate the ability to multi-task and prioritize to successfully meet deadlines; take initiative for work tasks.
- Comply with established knowledge of City's purchasing policies and procedures to include requisition/purchase order creation, research, month end/fiscal year end close out tasks.
- Associate's degree from an accredited college with major course work in Business Management, Public Administration, Office Administration, or related field.
- Four (4) years of clerical and administrative experience.
- Experience with construction accounting and construction payment application forms.
- Comprehensive Excel skills and bookkeeping/accounting background.
- ERP eProcurement experience.
- Grant reporting experience.
Conditions of Employment
The City of Fort Worth is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. It is the policy and practice of the City to recruit, hire, train and promote a diverse workforce without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, parental status, military service, or another non-merit factor.
The City of Fort Worth is committed to full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process and to perform essential job functions.
Candidates who do not meet the Education requirement, may be considered if they have more relevant work experience than the position requires. Those selected for employment will be required to pass Pre-Employment checks depending on the position requirements. Those could include, but are not limited to: criminal background check, drug screen, education verification, etc. criminal convictions will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Employees are paid by direct deposit only.