Accounting Services Supervisor
Pay Range: $ 79,921- 103,897
Job Posting Closing on: Thursday, September 14, 2023
Workdays & Hours: Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm; Some evening/weekend work required.
Benefits for this position include: 11 Paid Holidays, Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Pension Plan, Professional Development Opportunities, and much more.
The City of Fort Worth is one of the fastest growing large cities in the U.S. Our employees serve the needs of nearly 1,000,000 residents, promoting our values of exceptional customer experience, mutual respect, embracing our diversity, continuous improvement, ethical behavior, and accountability.
An Accounting Services Supervisor job is available with the City of Fort Worth (Financial Management Services / Accounting Division). The Accounting Division safeguards the City's assets by accounting for all capital assets owned by the City, ensuring proper procedures are followed in accordance with each grant agreement and ensuing that all City financial transactions have been accounted for accurately and timely, through accurate monitoring, accounting and reporting and in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in accounting, finance, business administration or a related field.
- Four (4) years of increasingly responsible accounting experience, including one(1) year of administrative or lead supervisory responsibility, with experience in governmental fund accounting.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Certified Public Accountant.
- Experience with PeopleSoft ERP software.
- Two years of administrative and supervisory experience.
The Financial Reporting Coordinator job responsibilities include:
- Supervises staff, which includes prioritizing and assigning work; conducting performance evaluations; ensuring staff is trained; ensuring employees follow policies and procedures; maintaining a healthy and safe working environment; and, making hiring, termination, and disciplinary decisions or recommendations.
- Reconciles General Ledger balances with various city department balances and verifies accuracy of balance sheet accounts. Reviews General Ledger for accuracy. Reviews and approves journal vouchers prepared by staff.
- Reviews and approves journal entries for property tax revenues, receivables, deferred revenues and investment activities and other various transactions.
- Assists with development of policies and procedures for cash recording, reconciliation or grants management; makes recommendations for changes to existing policies and procedures; and suggests improvements.
- Serves as subject matter expert in reconciliations, implementation of financial systems for enhanced General Ledger. Assists other departments in accounting matters, as needed.
- Attends and participates in meetings. Maintains current knowledge of new trends and innovations in the areas of accounting and financial reporting.
- Prepares and reviews various financial reports and schedules for internal and external audits. Assists in preparation of comprehensive annual financial report and single audit financial report.
- Depending on assignment, positions in this class typically require touching, talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions.
- Sedentary Work - Depending on assignment, positions in this class typically exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, a negligible amount of force frequently, and/or or constantly having to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Conditions of Employment
The City of Fort Worth is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. It is the policy and practice of the City to recruit, hire, train and promote a diverse workforce without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, parental status, military service, or another non-merit factor.
The City of Fort Worth is committed to full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process and to perform essential job functions.
Candidates who do not meet the Education requirement, may be considered if they have more relevant work experience than the position requires. Those selected for employment will be required to pass Pre-Employment checks depending on the position requirements. Those could include, but are not limited to: criminal background check, drug screen, education verification, etc. criminal convictions will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Employees are paid by direct deposit only.