ACCOUNTING & FINANCIAL MANAGER
Position Description ANNUAL SALARY: $97,032
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE ONLY
The Auditor-Controller/Treasurer-Tax Collector's Office is offering a rewarding and challenging opportunity for individuals interested in the position ofAccounting and Financial Manager. The Accounting and Financial Manager is responsible for planning, directing, and managing a section or unit within the Auditor-Controller/Treasurer-Tax Collector's Office and performs the most specialized accounting work.
Positions in this classification are in Medical Group I - Light Physical Activity (Personnel Rule 8). This group includes positions which require only light physical effort and may include lifting of small, light objects and some bending, stooping, squatting, twisting, and reaching. Considerable walking or standing may be involved.
Eligible candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Samples of Duties Please click here to view the Samples of Duties.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Please click here to view the Knowledge, Skills and Abilities.
Minimum Qualifications Education : Possession of a bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Economics, or a closely related field with at least 24 semester units of accounting coursework that is acceptable within the United States' accredited college or university system.
Experience : Four (4) years of full-time, paid professional accounting experience equivalent to that gained as an Accountant with Fresno County, one (1) year of which must have been in a lead or supervisory capacity. Your application must clearly identify lead or supervisory experience.
License : Possession of a valid Class "C" driver's license, or equivalent, may be required.
TO PREVENT THE DISQUALIFICATION OF YOUR APPLICATION, PLEASE NOTE :
- Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications and filing requirements for this position by the filing deadline.
- A completed Fresno County employment application is required (must be current, complete, and accurate; amendments will not be allowed after the filing deadline).
- Resumes and attachments are not accepted in lieu of a completed application.
- Please fully list your education/work experience; including current position. Failure to list current, complete and accurate education/work experience within the job application (including employment with the County of Fresno) will result in the disqualification of your application.
- In the Education section of your application, please provide complete information for each school attended. Please provide the school's name, school's location, the type and number of units earned (semester or quarter), type of degree earned (bachelor's degree, master's degree, etc.) and which major or program was completed. Failure to completely list education within the job application will disqualify the applicant from consideration.
- College/university transcripts may be requested to verify completion of qualifying degree and units.
- If you have completed education in a foreign college or university and are using this education to meet the minimum qualifications, you must provide documentation that the foreign education is comparable to that received within the United States' accredited college or university system or your application will not be accepted. Documentation must be provided by the closing date and time of this recruitment. You may either attach a copy to your application; fax a copy to (559) 455-4788, Attn: John Toepfer; or email it to HREmploymentServices@fresnocountyca.gov .
SELECTION PROCESS :
Depending on the number of applicants meeting the minimum qualifications and filing requirements, applicants may be scheduled for one of the processes listed below:
- Certify Without Examination - In instances where the number of eligible candidates is less than or equal to the number of qualified applicants the Department is entitled to receive under Personnel Rule 4212, the competitive examination process will be waived and the names will be certified without an examination.
- Oral Examination - An oral examination includes a panel consisting of at least two members within a similar field of expertise as the vacancy. Candidates are asked structured questions and must respond orally to allow the panel to evaluate the specific qualifications of each applicant.
Successful candidates will be placed on an employment list, effective for a minimum of 3 months (may be extended up to an additional 12 months), and certified in final rank order as vacancies occur.
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS :
- Fresno County Employment Application (must be current and complete, amendments will not be allowed after the filing deadline).
- Supplemental Questionnaire.
Applications must be submitted online only via our website by the closing date and time of this recruitment. Applications submitted via U.S. mail, in person, email or fax will not be accepted. Resumes and attachments are not accepted in lieu of a completed application.
HOW TO APPLY :
Applications for this recruitment must be submitted online only. The online application may be found at: http://fresnocountyjobs.com/
Open Job Information Flyer and click "Apply" to begin the online application process. Failure to complete the job application or failure to follow the application instructions will result in the disqualification of the applicant. Amendments will not be accepted after the filing deadline.
Once the filing deadline has passed, you may check the status of this recruitment at any time by logging on to: https://www.governmentjobs.com/Applications/Index/fresnoca
Please be advised that it is the applicant's responsibility to notify Human Resources of any mailing address and telephone number changes. Notices sent via U.S. mail from Human Resources are not forwarded ("Return Service" is requested, therefore mail will not be sent to a forwarding address).
For the safety of our employees, the County of Fresno complies with all Federal, State and Local Orders related to COVID-19, including Cal OSHA Emergency Temporary Standards.
The County of Fresno is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of Fresno County to provide employment opportunity for all qualified persons. All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, ancestry, medical condition, genetic information, or denial of medical and family care leave, or any other non-job-related factor.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS - The County of Fresno is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Fair Employment and Housing Act (FEHA). Qualified individuals with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation during the application, examination or selection process may contact Human Resources at (559) 600-1830 at least five days prior to the scheduled date or deadline.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Analyst: John Toepfer
Closing Date/Time: Continuous