Description: Reports to: Accounting Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Shift 1 (Days)
Under supervision of the Accounting Manager, performs general accounting duties including: processing accounts payable invoices, mailing invoices, reconciling banking transactions, filing and other duties as needed to support the accounting department. The person filling this position will perform a variety of AP and AR duties with the opportunity to learn more over time. This position requires working closely with customers, vendors and other departments so the right candidate will be committed to providing excellent customer service.
- Process inventory related invoices accurately and timely. This process includes a 3-way match and discrepancies will need to be identified and resolved with Purchasing or Receiving as needed.
- Route miscellaneous (non-purchase order) invoices to the proper manager for approval according to signature authority matrix.
- Assist in recording ACH, wires, check and credit card payments in Oracle.
- Respond timely to all vendor correspondence - this includes reconciling statements monthly
- Assist in monitoring AR mailbox and responding to customer inquiries
- Filing and record maintenance, both electronically and hard copy if needed
- Performs other duties as required to support the Accounting Department.
- Mailing Invoices to customers daily, both via USPS and electronically.
. Requirements: Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- High attention to detail, strong organization skills
- Self-starter with the ability to juggle competing priorities and meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Desire to learn new tasks and continuously improve processes
- Strong Excel skills including sort/filter, VLOOKUP, pivot tables etc.
AA Degree or Certificate in Accounting Required