Accountant I/II – Office of Retirement Services
Per the City's COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination Policy, the City requires all employees starting on or after February 11, 2022 to provide proof of vaccination as a condition of employment absent a documented medical and/or religious exemption. Proof of vaccination means that employees are required to be " up-to-date " with regards to the COVID-19 vaccine. Consistent with the Santa Clara County Public Health Order issued on December 28, 2021, " up-to-date " means that employees are required to be vaccinated with the entire recommended initial series of a COVID-19 vaccine (two doses of the Pfizer, Moderna or Novavax COVID-19 vaccine or a single dose of the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine).
Please note that applications are currently not accepted through CalOpps or any other third party job board application system. To apply, applicants must complete an application via the City of San Jose's website at www.sanjoseca.gov/citycareers .
The starting salary will be determined by the final candidate's qualifications and experience.
Accountant I: $ 79,847.04 - $97,100.64
Accountant II: $87,163.44 - $105,924.00
The salary is inclusive of a 5% non-pensionable ongoing compensation.
The Office of Retirement Services (ORS) is recruiting to fill an Overstrength Accountant I/II position to assist with the issuance of monthly benefit retirement payments and general ledger maintenance within the Accounting Division. This position will report to the Division Manager.
The position to be filled is in the Accounting Group, as a member of a 6-person team, which will report to the Accounting Division Manager. Job duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Accounts payable invoices for professional services and investment managers - ensure in accordance with contract and recalculate investment fees
* Analysis and preparation of monthly Board expenses
* Analysis and preparation of quarterly Budget to Actual reports
* Analysis of actual expenses vs. estimates
* Investment cash projections
* Salary reconciliation and reclassification
* Contribution wires
* Review general ledger for proper classifications
* Pension Gold bank reconciliation
* Monthly expense projection and wires
* Completion of monthly retiree benefit payments for one of the plans
* Special research projects and other duties as assigned.
This recruitment may be used to fill multiple positions in this, or other divisions or departments. If you are interested in employment in this classification, you should apply to ensure you are considered for additional opportunities that may utilize the applicants from this recruitment.