Pay Range: $27.73/hr. - $36.05/hr.
Job Posting Closing on: Wednesday, November 29, 2023
Benefits for this position include: 11 Paid Holidays, Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Pension Plan, Professional Development Opportunities, and much more.
The City of Fort Worth is one of the fastest growing large cities in the U.S. Our employees serve the needs of nearly 1,000,000 residents, promoting our values of exceptional customer experience, mutual respect, embracing our diversity, continuous improvement, ethical behavior, and accountability.
An Accountant job is available with the City of Fort Worth in our Customer Care Division. The Water Department is a fast paced and rewarding department that is responsible for providing safe and reliable water to its citizens. This is an entry level position and will have a moderate level of responsibility within the department. The Accountant will be responsible for performing general accounting and related duties efficiently and accurately. Ledgers, bank statements and other reports are used to authenticate financial activity on behalf of the City. The position will ensure proper accounting procedures and controls, verify and record daily, monthly and annual journal entries and prepare timely financial reports.
- Associate's degree or higher from an accredited college/university with major in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field
- At least one (1) year of experience in general ledger, accounts receivable, accounts payable or account reconciliations.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Government accounting standards, fund accounting and previous municipal government experience
- Experience creating/modifying complex queries and previous working knowledge of AS400
- Ability to interpret accounting data; and to communicate effectively
The Accountant position job responsibilities includes:
- Perform customer accounts analysis, credit refunds and voids processes
- Performs subsystem reconciliations and research balance variances
- Serve as a liaison to other city departments while providing exceptional customer service to all customers.
- Perform general accounting and related duties efficiently and accurately.
- Apply knowledge of accounting principles and practices.
- Assist with special projects as assigned.
Working Conditions and Physical Demand as stated on official City job description
Depending on assignment, positions in this class typically require touching, talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, stopping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, walking and repetitive motions.
Light Work - Depending on assignment, positions in this class typically exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly having to move objects.
Conditions of Employment
The City of Fort Worth is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. It is the policy and practice of the City to recruit, hire, train and promote a diverse workforce without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, parental status, military service, or another non-merit factor.
The City of Fort Worth is committed to full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process and to perform essential job functions.
Candidates who do not meet the Education requirement, may be considered if they have more relevant work experience than the position requires. Those selected for employment will be required to pass Pre-Employment checks depending on the position requirements. Those could include, but are not limited to: criminal background check, drug screen, education verification, etc. criminal convictions will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Employees are paid by direct deposit only.