Closes: The position is open until 9:00am PT, Monday, June 5, 2023.
Status: Regular Full-time, 40 hours per week; Exempt FLSA status.
Salary: The starting salary range is $72,000 - $78,000 annually, DOE, with full benefits. The full salary pay band range for position is $66,000 - $106,000, which reflects the full range of experience for multiple positions in the pay band.
Location: Puget Sound Regional Council, Downtown Seattle, Washington; The position may be eligible for hybrid or remote work (within Washington state).
The PSRC is seeking an Accountant to prepare, maintain, and post complex financial data to general ledgers, special ledgers, and other fiscal records for the agency according to generally accepted accounting principles.
· Perform accounts payable, payroll, and related duties.
· Prepare invoices, revenue and budget reports, and quarterly taxes in accordance with established guidelines.
· Record cash receipts and prepare cash transmittals and deposits.
· Coordinate employee benefits, deductions, and payments with payroll.
· Prepare invoices for annual and quarterly dues assessments.
· Financial reporting to granting agencies.
· Maintain records and collect data for annual audit.
· Prepare grant billings and other invoices.
· Provide contract administration services including contract development and solicitation.
· Assist in budget development.
· Respond to a variety of departmental and public requests for information from employees at all levels; provide requested information when authorized or refer to appropriate individual for response.
· Manage records, storage and retention schedules for Accounting.
· Perform other related duties as assigned, including administrative tasks such as word processing and filing.
The ideal candidate will have:
· Knowledge of financial record keeping, and basic accounting principles and procedures.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
· Experience using a computerized accounting system.
· Ability to organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines and demands.
· Ability to analyze data and draw logical conclusions.
· Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
· Experience working as part of a team and with employees at all levels of an organization.
· Willingness to perform administrative tasks such as filing and word processing.
· Strong organizational and customer service skills.
· Experience with government audits, a plus.
· Ability to pass a credit check.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
Typical ways in which incumbents acquire the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to include:
· Associate’s degree in accounting, finance or business and two years increasingly responsible experience; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
· Or any combination of lived and education experience that would provide the applicant with the desired skills, knowledge, and ability to perform the job.
· Public sector experience preferred.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
The Puget Sound Regional Council is the regional transportation, growth management and economic development planning agency serving Seattle and the central Puget Sound region. The thriving region is home to over 4 million people and is one of the nation’s fastest growing metropolitan areas. PSRC brings together the region’s diverse counties, cities and towns, native Tribes, ports, the state of Washington and civic interests to understand the challenges facing our region’s future and make plans for the region to continue to succeed. The agency serves as the region’s Metropolitan Planning Organization and is the regional leader for growth management, transportation, and economic development under state and federal laws. Visit www.psrc.org to find out more. PSRC is an equal opportunity employer.
The strength of our region is rooted in our diversity. At PSRC, we’re striving to create a region where all people have the means to attain the resources and opportunities that improve their quality of life and enable them to reach their full potential; where differences in life outcomes cannot be predicted by race, class, or any other identity. We aim to reflect the communities we serve. We encourage you to think broadly about your experiences and skill set for the position. We encourage people of all backgrounds and identities to apply.
To be considered, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume as part of the application process and apply at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/psrc.
· PSRC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran, or protected veteran status, genetic information and other legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
· This recruitment may be used to fill future openings for up to six (6) months.
· PSRC office hours are Monday – Friday from 8:00am – 5:00pm with work hours determined upon hire.