Pay Range: $18.98/hr - $23.72/hr
Job Posting Closing on: Thursday, November 23, 2023
Workdays & Hours: Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm; Some evening/weekend work may be required.
Benefits for this position include: 11 Paid Holidays, Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Pension Plan, Professional Development Opportunities, and much more.
The City of Fort Worth is one of the fastest growing large cities in the U.S. Our employees serve the needs of nearly 1,000,000 residents, promoting our values of exceptional customer experience, mutual respect, embracing our diversity, continuous improvement, ethical behavior, and accountability.
An Account Technician position is available with the City of Fort Worth Property Management Department. The Property Management Department consists of four divisions including Facilities Management, Fleet Services, Real Property and General Services. PMD is a large, fast paced, and rewarding department that is responsible for a wide array of services including: maintenance of the majority of City facilities, maintaining the City's fleet, land and property acquisitions including right-of-way and easement acquisitions. Want to learn more about the City of Fort Worth in general and the Property Management Department in particular, please click here: Join the City of Fort Worth
- An Associate's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in accounting, finance, or related field
- One (1) year of directly-related accounting experience
- Knowledge of the City's purchasing policies and procedures.
- Knowledge in procurement rules and regulations.
- Experience working in Oracle (ERP) PeopleSoft, Oracle (ERP) Financials.
- Experience working with PeopleSoft Purchasing and FASTER Web Fleet Management.
- Experienced in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
The Account Technician job responsibilities include:
- Perform a wide variety of administrative financial duties in the assigned area including receiving, processing, monitoring and recording invoices for fleet maintenance and repairs, as well as invoices for the acquisition of City vehicles and equipment.
- Enter fleet related invoices into the Fleet Management and Financial Management computer systems; assign purchase orders and account numbers; apply payments; reconcile account balances and make adjustments as necessary.
- Perform account review to ensure billing and data input accuracy.
- Answering questions and providing information via telephone, email and in-person to the public, outside agencies, co-workers, vendors and other departments and divisions.
Conditions of Employment
The City of Fort Worth is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. It is the policy and practice of the City to recruit, hire, train and promote a diverse workforce without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, parental status, military service, or another non-merit factor.
The City of Fort Worth is committed to full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process and to perform essential job functions.
Candidates who do not meet the Education requirement, may be considered if they have more relevant work experience than the position requires. Those selected for employment will be required to pass Pre-Employment checks depending on the position requirements. Those could include, but are not limited to: criminal background check, drug screen, education verification, etc. criminal convictions will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Employees are paid by direct deposit only.