Pay Range: $18.42/hr. - $23.03/hr.
Job Posting Closing on: Friday, June 2, 2023
Benefits for this position include: 11 Paid Holidays, Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Pension Plan, Professional Development Opportunities, and much more.
The City of Fort Worth is one of the fastest growing large cities in the U.S. Our employees serve the needs of nearly 1,000,000 residents, promoting our values of exceptional customer experience, mutual respect, embracing our diversity, continuous improvement, ethical behavior, and accountability.
An Account Technician job available with the City of Fort Worth in the Water Department in the Meter Services Section Customer Care Division. This is a detail-oriented position responsible for ongoing monitoring, analyzing and reporting of data associated with meter read collection for all water customer accounts utilizing Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) software and various other systems. The person in this position must be able to work various shift hours due to meter reading operations between 7:00 am - 9:00 pm.
- Associate's degree with major course work in accounting, finance, business administration, engineering, or related fields
- One (1) year of directly related technical accounting experience
- Working knowledge of AS400 billing systems, ArcGIS, CRM systems, Maximo and Work Order/Asset Management Systems and Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI).
- Experienced in QA/QC and Meter Read Validation and AMI systems and Processes (RNI & MDMS - Meter Data Management System).
- Experience performing quality monitoring of meter reading cycles.
- Ability to read engineering drawings, site plans, and water & sewer maps.
- Bilingual English/Spanish.
The Account Technician job responsibilities include:
- Provides exceptional customer service to our internal and external customers.
- Monitors Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) reports, determine communication failures, meter tampering, meter disconnect, reverse flow, and no usage on active accounts alarms and creates appropriate work orders for field investigation and maintenance.
- Analyzes and validates AMI meter readings.
- Issues work orders for quality control re-checks and skipped readings to field staff.
- Reports and acts on meter alarms including: zero consumption, non-communicating meter, leak, inactive consumption, and tamper.
- Performs audits on meter assets in the billing system.
- Works with the billing group for special service billing requests; coordinates with Water Development on location related service requests.
- Reviews maps and confirms location of water/wastewater mains, manholes, hydrants, pressure planes, and water & sewer taps, in order to accurately track meter assets for all types of metered services.
- Monitors and reports on meter warranty information, and issues work orders for proactive meter replacement and required testing.
- Assists in training Meter Services employees.
- Completes assigned special projects associated with customer accounts, meter data files, and special reporting.
Conditions of Employment
The City of Fort Worth is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. It is the policy and practice of the City to recruit, hire, train and promote a diverse workforce without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, parental status, military service, or another non-merit factor.
The City of Fort Worth is committed to full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process and to perform essential job functions.
Candidates who do not meet the Education requirement, may be considered if they have more relevant work experience than the position requires. Those selected for employment will be required to pass Pre-Employment checks depending on the position requirements. Those could include, but are not limited to: criminal background check, drug screen, education verification, etc. criminal convictions will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Employees are paid by direct deposit only.