Account Manager (Education)
Austin, TX, US
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.
Execute sales strategy, initiate/maintain contact with existing and potential customers in the education sector, identify needs and sell appropriate merchandise and services to meet those needs, manage pre-sale and post-sale processes to ensure all work is complete in a way that meets both client and McCoy Rockford pre-defined measurement of success.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees projects and business relationships with new and existing education accounts, exceeding customer's expectations
- Maintain understanding of government contracts to ensure compliance with provisions on new and existing public opportunities
- Call prospective customers and establish buying cycles, customer needs, and create a customer supplier relationship
- Develop accurate sales projections and consistently meet and/or exceed sales goals and profit margins
- Establish buying influences, budgets and purchasing criteria for assigned accounts
- Determine resource requirements for project; estimate time, materials and personnel costs; and create proposals
- Secure and place orders taking into consideration delivery dates and inventory levels for fulfillment
- Understand customer's product requirements; review job site conditions and conduct field survey
- Identify revenue opportunities within assigned accounts and their community through communications, programs and other activities as needed, collaborating with marketing, community management, business development and support.
- Manage each project against the established project budget
- Communicate project status with customer
- Ensure all issues or change order requests are appropriately documented and addressed
- Ensure all work is complete, invoiced, and documented
- Participate in team meetings and training; complete all reporting requirements on a timely basis
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
KEY SELECTION AND SUCCESS FACTORS
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in outside sales, interior design, space planning or project management
- Office furniture experience strongly preferred
- Education relationships strongly preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; college degree preferred
- Must be highly organized and self-motivated
- Must be able to work both independently and in a team setting
- Must have strong people skills with excellent listening, oral and written communication skills
- Must demonstrate good judgment, problem solving and decision making skills
- Must have basic mathematical aptitude
- Must demonstrate good negotiating skills
- Must be able to read and interpret construction drawings
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks and priorities and easily adapt to changing situations
WORK ENVIRONMENT: (overtime, travel, physical demands, conditions)
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employee occasionally lifts 2-3 reams of paper and customer files, especially during archiving.
- Weight up to 12 pounds; Height floor to 36 inches; Frequency up to 2 times per week
- Employee occasionally carries paper from the copy room to fill printer. Weight up to 12 pounds; Distance up to 300 feet; Frequency up to 2 times per week
- Employee occasionally pushes or pulls an office chair. Force up to 7 pounds; Distance up to 50 feet; up to 1 time per week
- Employee occasionally climbs main stairs or stairs to warehouse at main location to meet with customers in lobby display area, to access parts in warehouse, and interact with other operational departments. Height 1 flight; Frequency up to 3-5 times per day
- Employee occasionally walks on level surfaces to: interact with all operational departments, retrieve needed materials, to access lobby display, and attend meetings. Duration 45 minutes per day; Distance up to 1,500 feet per day
- Employee occasionally stands on level surfaces during interaction with customers and other personal. Duration 30 minutes per day
- Employee continuously sits using the computer, talking on the phone, processing project paper work, and attending. Duration up to 7 hours per day
- Employee constantly reaches out during work at desk. Height forward reach waist to chest; Frequency up to 30 times per hour
- Employee must rarely bend, squat, stoop, or kneel during filing tasks.
- Employee is occasionally exposed to ambient temperatures in the warehouse.
Work overtime as needed.