Austin, TX, US
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.
Profitably sell and deliver products and services to new and established accounts, protecting existing business and increasing market share
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify potential clients from prospect lists, leads, established customers, referrals, or contacts developed through other sources
- Cultivate relationships with key client contacts and buying influencers to understand and identify the client's strategic vision, objectives and needs while aligning our products and services where business opportunities exist
- Establish account strategies to achieve sales targets; coordinate necessary resources in the execution of sales strategies; penetrate specific target accounts
- Negotiate and establish contractual agreements with clients
- Work collaboratively with client and field services teams to fulfill client requirements (order placement, design, project management, invoicing, etc.)
- Create and maintain a business plan for continued growth of market share and account volume; develop accurate projections and consistently meet and/or exceeds sales goals
- Develop and maintain relationships with A&D community
- Participate in professional networking activities
- Perform other duties as assigned
KEY SELECTION AND SUCCESS FACTORS
- Experience working in an outside sales role calling on a varied client base required
- Proven sales success
- Office furniture dealer experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree from a four year college or university or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of MS Office
- Proven organizational and problem solving skills as well as the ability to collaborate and negotiate
- Ability to build long term relationships with customers/partners (particularly at senior decision-making levels within an organization)
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people
WORK ENVIRONMENT: (overtime, travel, physical demands, conditions)
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employee occasionally lifts 2-3 reams of paper and customer files, especially during archiving.
- Weight up to 12 pounds; Height floor to 36 inches; Frequency up to 2 times per week
- Employee occasionally carries paper from the copy room to fill printer. Weight up to 12 pounds; Distance up to 300 feet; Frequency up to 2 times per week
- Employee occasionally pushes or pulls an office chair. Force up to 7 pounds; Distance up to 50 feet; up to 1 time per week
- Employee occasionally climbs main stairs or stairs to warehouse at main location to meet with customers in lobby display area, to access parts in warehouse, and interact with other operational departments. Height 1 flight; Frequency up to 3-5 times per day
- Employee occasionally walks on level surfaces to: interact with all operational departments, retrieve needed materials, to access lobby display, and attend meetings. Duration 45 minutes per day; Distance up to 1,500 feet per day
- Employee occasionally stands on level surfaces during interaction with customers and other personal. Duration 30 minutes per day
- Employee continuously sits using the computer, talking on the phone, processing project paper work, and attending. Duration up to 7 hours per day
- Employee constantly reaches out during work at desk. Height forward reach waist to chest; Frequency up to 30 times per hour
- Employee must rarely bend, squat, stoop, or kneel during filing tasks.
- Employee is occasionally exposed to ambient temperatures in the warehouse.
- Work overtime as needed.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.