We are The Mars Agency-a full-service marketing company in a land full of full-service marketing companies. The difference? We write our own rules. It's one of the many perks of being independently owned for over forty years. We exist to nurture growth & good-in business, in people and in communities. Here, it's all about leadership and ideas that create impact-worldwide.
We're looking for an Account Executive to create impact with our client in our Southfield HQ office. This is not a sales position. We require 1-2 years of previous marketing or agency experience.
- Lead day-to-day project management in collaboration with the Account Manager
- Fuel inter-department relationships between account leadership, creative and other functions
- Proactively lead the work by thinking ahead and providing the team with the information and assets needed to deliver an assignment with excellence
- Develop project critical paths and timelines
- Manage budgets, completing programs within estimated hours and costs
- Manage electronic job jackets/billing information
- Maintain and update team reports, including weekly status, marketplace assessments, etc.
- Actively participate in strategic planning sessions and creative meetings with a point of view
SKILL SETS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's degree in advertising, marketing, business or related field
- 1-2 years of marketing or advertising experience, preferably agency experience in retailer or national consumer promotions
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to manage time, adhere to strict timelines, multitask and work well under pressure
- Detail orientation and ability to multitask across fluid workload
- Proactive nature in the seeking of work/responsibility
- Dependability in execution of work and as member of assigned team
- Enthusiastic, solution-oriented attitude in accepting work/new challenges
- Desire to learn all aspects of the Shopper Marketing discipline
- Effective interpersonal skills working well across functions
- Conscientious work ethic
The Mars Agency is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, ancestry, creed, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or handicap, HIV, veteran, marital or family status, or any other status or condition protected by applicable state and/or federal laws, except where a bonafide occupational qualification applies.
The Mars Agency has developed a wide variety of inclusive benefit plans and policies that address and promote the needs of all employees and their family members, including comprehensive group health plans, a parental leave program that includes paid maternity and paternity benefits for pregnancy, adoption and surrogacy, flexible paid time off, a broad and confidential employee assistance program, ongoing wellness support initiatives, trusted financial health advice and guidance, promotion of education through tuition support and assistance, and a flexible and supportive work environment and culture.