Account Clerk – Account Clerk
Job Class: Account Clerk
Working Title: Account Clerk - Account Clerk
- Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
- Date Posted: 09/08/2021
- Closing Date: 09/14/2021
- Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: Human Services Dept / DHS Central Office AFSCME
- Division/Unit: DHS-Central Office / FOD Receipts Center
- Work Shift/Work Hours: Day Shift/7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Days of Work: Monday-Friday
- Travel Required: No
- Salary Range: $17.66 - $23.41/hourly; $36,874 - $48,880/annually
- Classified Status: Classified
- Bargaining Unit/Union: 206 - Clerical/AFSCME
- Work Area: 444 Lafayette Road N, St. Paul MN 55155
- FLSA Status: Nonexempt
- Connect 700 Program Eligible: Yes
** **This position does not have the flexibility to telework, the incumbent will be required to physically work in the office**
As an Account Clerk you will receive and prepare daily payments received by Department of Human Services (DHS) Financial Operations Division (FOD) Receipt Center for deposit. Payments are received and processed for programs throughout DHS (excluding Child Support) and for the following state agencies:
- Department of Public Safety
- Pollution Control Agency
- Minnesota Management & Budget (SEGIP premium payments)
- Department of Labor & Industry, and
- Data entry skills sufficient to key data and dollar amounts from stubs and checks
- Math skills sufficient to add and ensure checks balance with total amounts owed
- Typing/Keyboarding skills sufficient to type remitter names, OCR lines and amounts
- A general knowledge of governmental accounting and the Statewide Integrated Financial Tools System (SWIFT), Optima image archive system, Wausau financial system and the ARC look-up system.
- Proficient in Keyboard and 10-Key skills.
- Our employees are dedicated to ensuring cultural responsiveness. Preferred candidates will have a variety of experiences working effectively with others from different backgrounds and cultures.
- Ability of standing, sitting, pulling, stooping;
- Ability to lift and move paper and batched documents of up to 20 pounds;
- Ability to move arms on a continual basis sufficient to open mail, sort and file documents.
To facilitate proper crediting, please ensure that your resume clearly describes your experience in the areas listed and indicates the beginning and ending month and year for each job held.
REFERENCE/BACKGROUND CHECKS - The Department of Human Services will conduct reference checks to verify job-related credentials and criminal background check prior to appointment.
Why Work For Us
WE MAKE A DIFFERENCE! The Minnesota Department of Human Services impacts the lives of 1.7 million people every year, helping them meet their basic needs so they can achieve their highest potential.
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
Our differences make us stronger and leveraging them helps us create a workforce where everyone can thrive. The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to embedding diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility at our workplace. We do this by developing strong leaders and advocates, increasing cultural competence and understanding among all employees, and removing institutional barriers and attitudes that prevent employees from advancing as far as their talents will take them. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), marital status, familial status, receipt of public assistance, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, or age.
How to Apply
Select "Apply for Job" at the top of this page. If you have questions about applying for jobs, contact the job information line at 651-259-3637 .
For additional information about the application process, go to http://www.mn.gov/careers .
If you have questions about the position, contact Brent Haupt at Brent.Haupt@state.mn.us
If you are a Connect 700 applicant, please email your certificate and the Job posting ID#/number to Toni Shobe at Tonika.Shobe@State.MN.US by the position close date.
If you are an individual with a disability and need an ADA accommodation for an interview, you may contact the Department of Human Services' ADA Coordinator at 651-431-4945 or DHS_ADA@state.mn.us for assistance.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We are committed to providing culturally responsive services to all Minnesotans. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
We will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651-259-3637 or email firstname.lastname@example.org . Please indicate what assistance you need.