Account Associate-Inside Sales
Houston, TX, US
McCoy-Rockford is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Entry level sales position with line of progression to Account Executive or Account Manager. Responsible for inside sales activity (phone calls and walk-in customers). Learn and partner with key departments and stakeholders to fully develop understanding of technology, processes, products, and service.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain showroom hours from 8am-5pm M-F
- Interview and qualify customers and prospects
- Provide clients with information and advice on the purchase of McCoy-Rockford products and services.
- Meet or exceed revenue and GP goals
- Identify, qualify & track all activity utilizing CRM
- Complete quotes or sales orders and submit completed specifications to Sales Administration for processing.
- Ability to create small scale design plans for mid-market customer base
- Work with the Showroom Director in preparing for and participating in showroom presentations & events
- Assists in maintaining the Resource Library
- Perform manual and computer-assisted searches, including on-line searches for resources
- Key information into computer to order, search for or store selected library materials
- Assist in maintaining Vendor "red book" database as required
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending sales meetings, training and presentations
- Continue to advance industry and career knowledge while representing McCoy-Rockford through the participation in networking and market activities
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
KEY SELECTION AND SUCCESS FACTORS
- 6 months - 1 year previous sales experience required
- Office Furniture experience preferred
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Knowledge of MS Office required
- Strong organizational skills with high attention to detail
- Excellent customer service skills
- Time management and organization skills
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people
- Ability to adapt and flex as business needs change
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Good judgment, problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to multi-task and work with many interruptions
- Valid driver's license with a clear driving record per McCoy's policy and proof of automobile insurance.